United Arab Emirates University
The Intelligent Distributed Computing and Systems Research Research Laboratory at the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering (CSSE) at the College of Information Technology (CIT) of the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), in collaboration with the University of Maryland, College Park, USA, seeks a Research Assistant on the application of artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning, into Energy-Aware resource allocation model for edge-cloud computing big data systems and various applications. The Research Assistant will develop machine-learning-based multi-objective optimization strategies to address the issue of energy consumption yet maintaining the performance, quality of services and high availability of data. He/She will develop federated machine learning algorithms for Internet-of-Things applications. Please provide the followings when applying to the position: 1) CV 2) Cover letter which includes the names and contacts information of three references. 3) Copy of transcripts for bachelor and master degrees 4) 3 recommendation letters 5) List of publications (if any) with their corresponding link on published websites. 6) IELTS exam results or equivalent if any For any questions, please contact Dr. Leila Ismail ([email protected]).
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related disciplines
- Excellent mathematical background
- Knowledge in modeling, machine learning, optimization and distributed systems middle-ware
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent programming skills
- Motivated and can work independently as well as within a team in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Scholarly publications and research experience is a plus.