Job Req ID: 272841
Posting Start Date: 08-Sep-2022
Dubai, Dubai, AE
Contract Type: Full Time
Plumbing Technician – Facility Maintenance (Talent Pool)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on plumbing pipework, equipment and systems to include integral and standalone pumps, individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor / duty engineer to achieve the purpose.
- Fair Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of pipework schematics and system layout drawings
- Can correctly setup and use test equipment and interpret the test results. to include: Manometer, Water pressure test kit – Dry, Water pressure test kit – Wet, Digital Multi meter (earth bond continuity) and Drain Cleaning Machine
- Ability to raise & complete PMS fault report sheets, daily utilization reports and CMMS work orders
What We Are Looking For In Our Candidates
- Sees those they interact with as customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer’s point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Sets clear team objectives and establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Engages and influences others by using a wide range of communication methods and styles. Facilitates understanding and encourages communication both within own team and more broadly.
- Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change and transformation within the workplace by guiding others and helping them adapt.
- High School Certificate
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma (3 year duration) in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Maintenance or equivalent (post high school)
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent
- Six Sigma Certification is preferred (Yellow Belt/Green Belt/Black Belt).
- Current valid UAE driving licence.is desirable
- Minimum six (6) year experience within a Facility Management or similar environment as Plumbing & Pump Technician.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Ability to construct technical reports and spreadsheets and presentations using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on complex plumbing equipment and pipework systems
- Safety Isolations and LOTO.
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD), to include: Potable water pipework systems and associated valves, Waste and drainage pipework systems, Washroom sanitary fixtures and fittings, Pressure reducing valve stations (PRVs) Heat exchangers,, Calorifier Equipment, Aircraft potable water systems and associated valves, Storage type water heaters,, High temperature hot water (HTHW) pipework systems and associated valves, Chilled water pumps (CWP) pipework systems and associated valves, Sewage pumps and associated pipework. and Storm water pumps and associated pipework.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging
Take Pride In What You Do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.