Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented BIM/CAD Technician to join our team! In this role you will get to perform basic to moderately-difficult design/drafting assignments.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with BIM Lead and Design Leads to ensure the project’s compliance with the given policies and processes, and to ensure timely implementation and completion.
- Utilize a CAD workstation and works with BIM lead, Design Leads and Engineers to develop engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, component details from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures, and to ensure timely implementation and completion.
- Understand BIM modeling process and able to manage all BIM related activities from project start up to project completion.
- Review each drawing for readability, presentation and adherence to standards, in accordance to company QA/QC process.
- Good knowledge in content creation and able to create different types of parametric and non-parametric families.
- Strong knowledge in LOD requirements.
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks, with experience of clash detection and producing clash report.
- Able to produce scheduling and quantity extraction from the model.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of MEA/UAE CAD drafting experience in wet and dry utilities projects.
- Software experience required : AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Software experience of MicroStation & Navisworks.
- Common Data Environment: ProjectWise, BIM360A.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.