To lead the Geotechnical teams who review and comment on the factual and interpretative geotechnical reports submitted by various developer’s consultants/contractors. Review the proposed dewatering scheme and to comment on the constructability and design of temporary/permanent ground support systems proposed by various developer’s consultants/contractors to support deep basement excavations. To evaluate the effect of proposed support system on the existing and future infrastructures e.g. utilities, roadways and buildings adjacent to the plots and provide recommendation to the Client. Job will include site inspection during construction as needed.
Specific ResponsibilitiesLead the MEA geotechnical team for the MEA region which will include but may not be limited to:
- Provide active mentoring to the junior staff,
- Deliver high level technical quality works, to program and to budget.
- Ensure continued implementation of the QA/QC for geotechnical deliverables
- Maintain the review processes and develop where required according to project requirements
- Maintain and Grow awareness and risk of geotechnical issues on MEA projects
- Provide geotechnical services to multidisciplinary teams and projects across the MEA region
- Work closely with the clients and demonstrate strong client relationship skills
- Coordinate resources, provide forward estimates on capacity requirements to Executive management team
- Provide geotechnical input in (multidisciplinary) proposals
- Proven track record in leadership of ground engineering design teams and management of design delivery and ground related risks in a design and build environment
- Possess strong problem solving and inter-personal skills.
- Communicates well across all levels of the business
- Demonstrates high level of accountability and independent decision making
- Works closely and collaboratively with colleagues, client and delivery partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to write a clear and concise technical report is essential
- Experienced in design of geotechnical works for rail and road schemes including slopes, foundations, retaining structures, strengthened earthworks, tunnels, track bed and road pavement foundations, and ground improvement
- In depth knowledge of the GCC working conditions, including client expectations, geotechnical conditions, standards and codes
- Active contribution to Technical Excellence and innovation across the local geotechnical team
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.