Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies – www.oliverwyman.com
We are seeking an experienced research professional to join Oliver Wyman Knowledge Services department.
We are seeking an experienced research professional to join the Oliver Wyman Knowledge Services department. The professional will work closely with partners and consultants in the India, Middle East & Africa Region on the Financial Services Practice and Public Sector. The Practice Group is organized into different practices either serving specific financial services segments (Corporate & Institutional Banking, Retail & Business Banking, Wealth & Asset Management, Insurance) or providing functional expertise across these segments (Finance, Risk & Public Policy).
The global Knowledge Services Research Team supports our consultants by sourcing and synthesizing market data, industry developments and company information necessary for the successful execution of client projects and business development initiatives.
Your tasks will include:
- Work with a wide range of information tools and proprietary databases, providing both quick solutions and in-depth research for the business
- Synthesize information and glean key concepts and trends from the information, provide own point of view and insights in the deliverables. Synthesis and packaging of research deliverables employing Excel and PowerPoint to create impactful presentations
- Development of own research tools for processing, analysis and visualization of large data amounts
- Data Management – working with frequently used external data sets and client data, managing models and internal benchmarks
- Independently manage the pipeline of industry-specific tasks, set priorities, and collaborate with a team of international colleagues to meet client demands
- Collaborate with consultants engaged in client service, business development or knowledge/intellectual capital building by delivering highly relevant and well-synthesized research
- Building expertise in FS related topics and master tools and resources to support data analysis
- Develop strong trusted relationships with IMEA practice members and work within the framework of the European and Dubai based research team dedicated to IMEA, sharing work and experience and helping to build the research function in the region
- Directly engage in strategic projects, together with our research specialists and consultants, contribute to updates and maintenance of customized knowledge products
- Participation in internal projects to optimize sources, processes and services
- Use MS Office tools to produce graphical portrayal of research findings, customized to project needs
- Assist in the education and training of OW consulting staff both with research issues generally, and with end-user training specifically
- Evaluate and recommend specific resources to support the specialized practice
Experience and Skills Required:
- Graduate with at least 2 years of Financial Service research experience preferably in an Investment Bank, Accounting Firm or Management Consultancy. Knowledge on the Public Sector and governmental entities is a plus
- Strong Knowledge of the Middle East business and economic context.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills
- Knowledge of general resources such as Eikon or Factiva and FS industry specific resources such as Datastream, Bloomberg, Preqin, S&P Market Intelligence and others
- Solid problem-solving skills, excellent attention to details and inquisitive nature
- Growth mindset and high-quality standards, willing to continuously improve skills to enhance service to our clients. Ability to prioritize own work to satisfy competing client demands
- Excellent communication skills and research synthesis skills allowing to draw out key insights and to provide data analysis
- Excellent Excel skills and strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Team player who has experience of and has enjoyed working as part of an international and remote team
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and flexible team member who is able to empathize with clients and peers. This is a key attribute we are seeking.
Please submit your application in English.
Why Oliver Wyman?
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
There’s no “one size fits all.” We hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement.
At Oliver Wyman we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone and we are particularly mindful of the requirements to prohibit discrimination based on nine protected characteristics namely: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity – we want you to bring your authentic self and be someone who enjoys working within a diverse and talented team. Additionally, we pay close attention to work/life balance and family life, military status and personality types.