Quality Inspector has responsibilities for the source inspection at the supplier facility and preparation of relevant reports in the respective project and reporting to Source Inspection Manager (Project) or Project Quality Manager/ Senior Project Quality Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Appraise product quality in accordance with the Project Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan and Scope of work and determine conformity and non-conformity. All inspection results need to be documented and if non-conformity exists, documentation shall be raised to establish corrective action, preventive actions and root cause.
- Co-ordinate with Operations, Production Supervisor, Client, Job Sharing personnel and subcontractor assuring conformity to project requirements.
- Perform Material receiving and field installation inspections of electrical, instrumentation, telecommunication, Cathodic protection in accordance with project requirements and scope of work as noted within the Project Quality Plan / Inspection Test Plan.
- Proactive approach in prevention of a nonconformance by conducting regular surveillance inspections and interaction with respective departments.
- Conduct internal audits to assess the effectiveness of Quality System outlined in Project Quality Plan / Inspection Test Plan.
- Conduct surveillance audit during execution of the project as per applicable procedures and plans.
- Perform surveillance checks on Electrical, Instrument, Telecom equipment’s and materials Storage and preservation in construction site and at Warehouses.
- Witness E&I/T and CP pre-commissioning and performance acceptance tests to the acceptance criteria as per established parameters.
- Ensure progressive completion of inspection reports, RFI’s and test reports.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum 3 years diploma/ degree in Electrical & Instrumentation.
- 5+ years Quality control or related experience in Material Electrical, Instrumentation, Telecommunication Inspection
- Certified by NACE as a level 2 Cathodic protection technician
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of work related engineering codes and standards , such as NACE ; ANSI/NFPA 70 (NEC) , 70E 496 & 497: ANSI/IEEE, ANSI/NEMA,SBC 401 (IEEC 60364), IEC 60079 (IECEx Scheme) ;API RP 500 & 505; SASO/IEC, UL and ASTM.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job PostingApr 18, 2022, 2:59:59 PM