Majid Al Futtaim
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for enhancing the company’s social media presence by managing social media channels, community management, collating content for social media campaigns, providing analysis of current campaigns and feeding the information to the Marketing and PR teams.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which engage audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
- Developing the relevant post captions and hashtags and ensuring translation is correct and reviewed.
- Create a clear monthly Social Media calendar for all the company’s brands ensuring social media timelines coinciding with new product releases, ad campaigns, or other brand messages.
- Maintain all company’s social media platforms, ensuring each is up to date and interconnected.
- Manage social media communication responding to queries and posts in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure brand consistency in messages across all social media channels.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns gauging audience receptivity and create content for inspiring followers to connect and participate in upcoming campaigns.
- Engage with relevant social media trends and popular platforms in order to expand and enrich the company’s Marketing outreach.
- Support the Marketing team in the preparation of events, including assisting at the venue on the day of the event.
Financial & Standards
- Monitor online competitor presence, researching new blogs and channel for relevance / trend identification.
- Prepare performance reports with analysis to update management.
- Maintain all department related records, files and database.
- Ensure compliance to group communications policy.
- Raise LPO‘s, and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Deliver and record accountabilities in line with operational audits.
- Contribute and support the business in achieving the Dare Today, Change Tomorrow sustainability strategy.
- Provide exceptional internal customer service, assisting the marketing team on key projects, coordinating where necessary with approved agencies, third parties.
- Maintain professional relationships with external agencies and third-party providers.
- Timely management of brands social media calendars.
- Followers growth and engagement level across the different social media channels.
- Timely response to community queries and comments, in line with brand response time.
- Sustainability Initiatives.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media platforms.
- Creative with good knowledge of digital content requirements, editing, proof reading.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, advertising or communications
- Professional qualification in Digital marketing and social media is an advantage
- 2 + years of experience working in marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field with experience of managing Social Media Channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Experience in the Retail industry is an advantage.