Majid Al Futtaim
At Digital Labs, we are obsessed with building intuitive, engaging, and truly transformative experiences that create great moments for our customers, every day. As a Business Director, you’ll play a pivotal role in bringing this vision to life. This role is critical in accelerating Digital Labs’ impact as well as transforming every business within the group. In this role, you will be responsible for building better businesses through strategic planning and effectiveness.
- The Business Director’s role is to manage, oversee and control the success of their respective OpCos portfolio of digital work owning the P&L. Ultimately accountable for the end-to-end engagement from sales through to fulfillment, overseeing key functions such as project delivery, hiring, and including financial management, staffing, and BU reporting.
- Actively involved in the initiation, set up, and planning of every product or project that comes into the Digital Labs for delivery.
- Nurture relationships with stakeholders across C-suite and Senior Management to increase CLV through identifying new opportunities,
Ultimately, you will be the custodian from Digital Labs for creating and managing a process that drives toward a scalable digital portfolio that will in turn drive up the digital business’s profitability across the group.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Business Growth and Management
- Able to build and nurture solid relationships with key stakeholders from C-Level to Senior leadership across multiple functions such as Marketing, Business & IT.
- Accountable for the end-of-end engagements from Sales through to fulfillment of projects and products
- Own the financial reporting and management for their respective OpCos including having a clear understanding of project budgets, cost control, as well as P&L.
- Oversee the hiring process to ensure their respective workstreams are fully staffed across all key functions to ensure.
- Drive the roadmap and vision of the OpCo/BU ensuring all key objectives and KPIs are met.
- Effectively manage escalations that are raised by the delivery teams and their stakeholders.
- Oversee the delivery team to ensure their respective workstreams deliver on time, scope, and budget as agreed with their BUs.
- Create and manage a pipeline of opportunities and plan strategically how these can convert to sold work.
- Engage relevant teams across MAF Corporate Development such as Digital Labs, Fintech labs, and Advanced Analytics to ensure we’re providing a fully integrated Digital transformation solution to our OpCos and BUs.
- Provide regular weekly, monthly & quarterly reports for their OpCo to senior management
- Hold frequent Business reviews with key stakeholders to ensure progress, feedback and priorities are clearly established and acted upon.
- Be the go-to person who connects cross-functional teams in CD to identify areas for collaboration, improvement, and efficiency.
- Oversee, manage, and close all RFPs including scoping, estimation, planned approach, resourcing & commercials. Understand and incorporate a complex business, strategic, and technical requirements into engagement outcomes
- Proactively mitigate business risks
- Define KPIs, actively measure and analyze for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Budget ownership and allocation of funding to areas of the business based on priorities
- Provide accurate pipelines and forecasts
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Hire and retain top talent within the function and oversee the growth of the dept.
- Provides leadership to team to do their best work while helping them grow professionally and raise the bar.
- Help scale the team, also by leveraging your network of relevant, potential candidates. Actively hire top talent, scale and structure the team
- Develop and constantly improve processes and set goals for them. Nurture them by providing learning opportunities and encouraging their growth
- Identify training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements
Disclaimer: This role description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the role identified and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements inherent to success in the role.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- 10-12 years of progressive work-related experience, ideally in an agency or management consultancy background, having managed more than one large account.
- Experience managing more than one large account with a proven ability to plan and grow these accounts.
- Strong Financial management skills being able to analyze and maintain P&L and forecasting.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with C-Level through to Senior leadership in IT, Marketing, and business functions.
- Ability to sell and pitch ideas to key stakeholders across all levels
- Excellent presentation skills and solid proficiency in MS Powerpoint/Keynote and Excel.
- Able to write clear scope of work & contracts
- They demonstrated practical verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listener with a curious mindset.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- An effective hands-on leader who can cultivate a positive working environment
- Problem solver with the ability to manage escalations from delivery teams and key stakeholders. Must be solution orientated.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
- Project/Programme management experience