Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Our Cities and Places sector has a global footprint contributing to more than $1.5B in revenue each fiscal year. Our Architectural, Interior and Building System solutions supports all aspects of specialty consulting to include asset management, economics, business development and scientific advancement for our government, commercial, institutional, and industrial clients, across diverse markets and services.
Based from our office in Dubai, we are seeking a Senior Design Manager to lead delivery teams across multiple projects running concurrently from concept and Schematic through IFC stages on large-scale developments touching a number of markets such as residential, mixed use, hospitality, healthcare and ancillary buildings for infrastructure projects.
In this role you will demonstrate
- Responsibility and accountability for design and technical detailing across all design stages through IFC
- Working knowledge of Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Sketchup and associated presentation tools such as – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and MS Office suites
- Design and constructability assessment, technical and QAQC reviews
- Experience dealing with local authorities having jurisdiction on regulatory compliance aspects
- Prepare and review design reports and project specifications
- Delivery of complex projects across residential/ luxury hospitality/ mixed use/ commercial uses
- Thorough knowledge of materials and products
- Through knowledge and understanding of specialist building systems such as façade, vertical transportation, fire & life safety.
You will be expected to perform the following tasks at a minimum, alongside regular activities that would be expected from you as a Senior Design manager
- Identify multi-disciplinary scope gaps and prepare responsibility matrix
- Assist the Project Director in preparing and finalizing Design Management Plan and Project Execution Plan
- Prepare internal monthly progress reports
- Arrange and lead internal coordination meetings
- Manage internal resources based on project budget
- Assist in preparing bids and technical proposals
- Design risk assessment and mitigation
- Client and major stakeholder management
Here’s What You’ll NeedYou will be operating at a senior level (20+ years) with a Bachelor or master’s degree in Architecture, with experience as a Senior Design Manager. You will also be able to interface confidently with clients and major stakeholders.
You will come with a high-end portfolio of projects delivered.
LEED certification would also be highly desirable.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Job Reference ID MID0000VG