IHG Hotels & Resorts
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guest’s stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So, if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Science Park, a preopening hotel, is looking for passionate and service oriented Sous Chef to lead the extraordinary Culinary team at the McGettigan’s Irish Pub! Ideally located in the heart of Dubai Science Park, in the most sought after residential area of Dubai. Minutes away from mega malls, magnificent Jumeirah Beaches, world’s leading tourist attractions and Parks, auto drome and over 5 championship golf courses. The Holiday Inn & Suites at Dubai Science Park will include 240 hotel rooms and suites and 84 one-bedroom apartments, anchor F&B offerings and an extensive 1026sqm cutting-edge meeting and events facilities.
Your day to day
Reporting to Hotel’s Head Chef, main scope of role are to maintain food quality and service in accordance with standardized outlet recipes and procedures and to supervise food production and kitchen service.
Main job responsibilities:
- To be innovative, suggesting new ideas and investigating new ways of doing things or new services for our guests
- To be fully aware of the major clients and high-profile individual guests, current VIP guests, hotel promotions, room rates, all hotel services and the opening & closing times of all outlets
- To be aware of the daily arrivals, departures, conferences & in-house events, especially VIP & regular guest arrivals
- To interact and communicate with guests & colleagues in a courteous, friendly, open and honest manner at all times
- To minimize operating cost by using all equipment and products in accordance with the departmental guidelines and to ensure that all equipment is turned off at the end of the shift.
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a similar role in a reputed establishment
- Associate’s degree, diploma, or certification in culinary arts is advantageous.
- Knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Effective communication skills
- pre-opening experience in Restaurant business would be advantage.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.