IBM leads in Sustainability – what we call it that before we do it for our clients we have done it to ourselves.
IBM has been a leader in the pursuit of sustainability for decades and commits to Net Zero by 2030.
IBM has long been committed to protecting the environment and we will continue to drive reductions in our environmental impacts.
50+ years of Environmental Leadership
- 39,7% reduction of operational CO2 against the base year of 2005
- USD 646 million saved since 1990 through reduced energy usage
- 7.7 million megawatt-hours of electricity conserved
- 99% of products recycled or reused. Less than 1% sent to landfills.At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Do you have a passion for sustainability and the environment?
Are you a data geek who wants to use your skills for a good cause?
Here is your chance to combine these passions. In this role you will help our clients understand and reduce their impact on the environment by using our technology platform.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Sustainability Associate at IBM Sustainability Practice you will use your business and technology skills to help clients use IBM’s solution to manage and report on their sustainability. You will provide hands-on support during and after the implementation process and will play a key role in supporting our clients on an ongoing basis. You support will help clients navigate their transition to a low carbon economy.
In This Role You Will
- Learn how to implement the IBM Sustainability Solution platform by supporting consultants during client solution implementation projects
- Support IBM Sustainability Solution client success managers to help clients maximise the benefits they get from using IBM Sustainability Solution Implementation
- Use your Microsoft Excel skills to analyse and manipulate large datasets.
- Perform data health checks on client systems to ensure data quality and completeness
- Participate in a range of managed services we offer clients to improve their experience with IBM Sustainability Solution
- Work with the IBM Sustainability Solution helpdesk and product development teams to ensure that clients have a great user experience when using IBM Sustainability Solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You have a passion for helping clients improve their sustainability and efficiency. You will have good data skills and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders. You will be able to work efficiently and prioritise your workload.
This role is likely to suit a recent graduate with up to 2 years work experience.
To Succeed In This Role You Will Need
- A proactive approach to work and an ability to understand and solve client requirements
- A collaborative and team orientated approach to problem solving
- A positive outlook focused on achieving success
- Strong technical skills and analytical skills
- An ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
Your Skills And Background Will Include
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong data manipulation skills, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (note – a test is conducted as part of the interview process)
- Experience of using business intelligence, data warehousing, statistical or reporting tools is desirable
- Experience of software implementation or knowledge of the sustainability or energy management sectors is beneficial
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
Please refer to JD
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.