Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The MENA customer fulfillment team is looking for a Category Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical and cross-functional sourcing programs within Amazon Logistics (Fleet and Line Haul procurement).
The ideal candidate will be an analytical leader with logistics procurement experience in complex, international, or technical environments. The individual needs strong communication skills and the experience to influence and support cross-functional stakeholder groups across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate takes initiative and demonstrates ownership in driving business goals, while being agile to manage change in a rapidly growing division. Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders, and operational excellence in managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously. The ideal candidate must have strong written skills and should be able to go through large set of documents with ease. The candidate must have excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, SQL, Python, Power Bi, Tableau, Quick sight.
- Drive appropriate commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use.
- Create and execute strategic sourcing projects that will support the teams’ development of an end-to-end sourcing plan regionally. Lead sourcing engagements and competitive bidding (RFI, RFQ, and RFP). Achieve cost savings through projects including bidding and commercial negotiations.
- Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with strategic suppliers pertaining to Amazon Operations
- Set up the structure and process required for operations procurement
- Influence suppliers’ processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon’s spend.
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze and determine cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, optimizing the supplier base and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Analyze and understand data to create accurate forecasting.
- Adapt to a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Work with our team and business partners for the creation and continuous improvement
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to forecasting, delivery, quality, and cost
- Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships across MENA and globally.
- Keys to success in this role include sound judgment and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions
- Bachelors/Masters Degree
- Proven experience in Procurement or operations or finance or Category Management
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
- Experience in project management or leading an implementation of best in class category strategies
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Proven hands on experience in Word, Excel, SQL, Power BI or Tableau or QuickSight
- Proven experience in analyzing large and varied source of datasets.
- Fluency in Arabic
- MBA or Advanced degree in Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- CIPS qualification , CPA, CIMA
- Demonstrated performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A desire to grow professionally as the role’s responsibility grows rapidly with the business.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Experience in Python, working with large datasets
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
Company – Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Job ID: A1924847