Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.Agoda’s Senior Product Managers are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for Agoda’s various products, including the website, mobile applications and mobile website, email marketing, as well as advanced internal products and tools such as algorithmic PPC bidding systems and pricing software. SPMs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. SPMs create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
A Senior Product Manager will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well – conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, an Agoda Senior Product Manager can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading company-wide product innovation
- Setting strategic direction of the site based on customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Fluent in Japanese (professional proficiency)
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#Tokyo #Osaka #Yokohoma #Kyoto #Sapporo #seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #moscow #saintpetersburg #frankfurt #shenzhen #istanbul #dubai #kiev #seoul
Equal Opportunity EmployerAt Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.