Transguard Group was established in 2001 and has diversified significantly, we lead in the fields of Cash Services, Security Services, Manpower Services, Facilities Management & Aviation. Transguard Group is the UAE’s most trusted business support and outsourcing provider and has a large, dynamic, and culturally diverse workforce with 50,000 employees! We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager – Architectural Design for our trusted client in the Aviation industry to be based out of their headquarters in Dubai.
The organization is seeking a Senior Manager – Architectural Design to support our dynamic team of design professionals, with a passion for aviation, guest service, and airport facility design.
The Senior Manager – Architectural Design role shall lead the development of project design standards, requirements, and solutions. They must possess a thorough knowledge of architectural or interior design practice with an emphasis on aviation design, experience in design & planning, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, and building codes.
The role will develop solutions to technical problems, from functional & spatial planning and concept design phases through to detail design, requiring the engagement of all relevant stakeholders during the design process to ensure that operational and capacity constraints are observed, full compliance to design standards, and code requirements is achieved and that all organizations design management processes are adhered to with the final deliverable culminating in an endorsed end-user design brief and signed-off design stage process journey.
Provision of Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Aviation & Functional Planning:
Demonstrate extensive experience at an accountable level with architectural design teams for airport & facilities planning with five years of practice in airport master planning, including such parameters as; responding to & interpreting capacity data and studies, space planning & interior concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers of Airport Planning and Development, including the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and baggage movement, development, design concepts, retail & commercial planning
- Knowledge of concepts and criteria related to traffic flows and space requirements of terminal building activities and in translating operational requirements into design specifications and planning
- Scoping and undertaking studies on passenger terminal planning
- Assessment and analysis of data, demand, and capacity information in support of airport planning studies, and the interpretation thereof
- Manage and own the design stage reviews.
- Responsible to make, and enabling, well-informed design decisions on products and experience solutions that will positively impact the customer experience and ensure those decisions are executed in a scalable and extensible manner to enable the experience design process.
Key Accountability: Stakeholder Management & Coordination:
Demonstrate extensive experience at an accountable level with leading & coordinating design teams in multi-partner / stakeholder scenarios;
- Coordinate & collaborate with a range of project partners, stakeholders, business units, contractors, and clients
- Facilitate and enable the business to connect with the experience design through benchmark visioning and the creation of working prototypes with reference to new and emerging trends in aviation and other relevant service industries.
- Collaborate, share ideas and build relationships that motivate and inspire the business and stakeholders through passenger experience design ideas and innovation to successfully enable the medium and long-term experience solutions that achieve the organization’s customer experience objectives.
- Drive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects to ensure all guest experience design solutions are realised as per customer and stakeholder requirements, and to ensure the business objectives are fully realised.
- Inspire these groups to continually improve their processes and products to enhance overall customer experience.
- Share base documentation and educate those empowered to deliver design solutions within the aviation sector.
Key Accountability: Project Briefings & Design Requirements
Support with the wider project team, stakeholders & business units in the design requirements associated with project briefs;
- Brief Development & Consultant Management
- Support of organization Business Units in the development & definition of project design to support an overall business brief
- Support in the selection of various subcontractors and outsourced service providers to ensure that organizations benefit from the engagement of a competitive, quality assured and performance-driven supply chain focused on a mutually supportive long-term relationship.
- Collaborate with third parties to ensure that projects undertaken by service providers within the Architectural & Experience Design workstream are conducted in line with the agreed Project Management Plan.
Key Accountability: Architectural & Experience Design Development
Develop conceptual design and planning studies for short-term and long-term airport development projects;
1. Conceptual Design:
- Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
- Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces proposal documents and outline specifications.
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance with proposal/stakeholder criteria.
- Establishes Discipline basis of design.
2. Developed Design:
- Analysis Ability
- Researches, and documents and is responsible for discipline design compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards, and regulations.
- Applies discipline-specific technical standards and procedures.
- Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings
- Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSSE management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that organization provides a safe, world-class, secure, and environmentally responsible airport to passengers, customers, the public, and staff
- Ensures office standards are used.
- Responsible for discipline document checking and interdisciplinary coordination processes. Checks the specifications to insure that they do not conflict with the drawings.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside stakeholders, consultants & business units as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies, errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Leads the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity, and correctness
Key Accountability: Soft Skills & Project Controls
Implement a high sense of accountability with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be quality oriented and have a desire to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Assisting Stakeholders & Business Units in setting out formal design requirements
- Ensure the business understands the design, whilst also balancing the business impact and ramifications of the solutions, using business acumen to provide justification for the design decisions.
- Drive the project objectives and balance the competing demands of the business.
- Leadership of design meetings, site meetings, and all other project-related meetings
- Presenting and explaining proposed strategies and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to distill and present technical work to non-technical audiences and be fluent in English.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and ensure their dissemination within the team
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Design / Space Planning / Engineering / Aviation Design
- University degree qualified / Chartered Design Architect / Engineer with minimum 10 years of professional experience Airport Planning & Design experience preferred
- 5-7 Years of relevant experience in Architecture / Aviation Planning
- Exceptionally high standards in the preparation & presentation of architectural / design drawings & studies using Autocad / SketchUp
- Ability to hand-draw & sketch to a high standard
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office & 3D modelling/rendering software
Please know this is a contract position however renewable