Standard Chartered Bank
- To execute and supervise the Financial Reporting stream competently by adhering to applicable accounting policies, Standards, controls and procedures.
- Preparation and review of financial returns to various internal stakeholders & external authorities
- Assist in direct tax accounting, reporting and tax audits and ensure all relevant legislations and policies applicable to the bank with respect to direct and indirect taxes are complied with
- Support matters relating to Property finance
- Assisting the team lead during external and internal audits
- Risk management in Financial reporting by reviewing the relevant key risk indicators
- Bring about synergies and process improvements and implement best practices in the performance and delivery of BAU.
- Perform superior levels of judgement to assess the impact of business activities and identify errors and trends early enough to enable effective remedial actions to be taken and to facilitate clear understanding of the financial impact of decisions by the businesses.
- Exhibit superior time management to prioritize and the balance the tasks.
- Contribute to the Group Finance projects, representing the region, in terms of evaluation of Pros & Cons, impact analysis and seamless implementation
- Coordination with the business counterparts to effectively manage the reporting requirements
- Understand the role of Central finance in its entirety and assess potential risks in the area of accounting and reporting and highlight the same to the department head and in the relevant risk forums
- Maintain effective stakeholder relationship with Hubs by providing guidance and accepting suggestions in order to effectively drive the reporting process
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Deliver PRA prescribed responsibilities
Visit our careers website