coding the future of Energy – with Siemens Grid Software
Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. And renewable energy production has already grown to levels never thought possible. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems and they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
Siemens Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. Grid Software connects the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience. Siemens Grid Software is leading the energy transition worldwide with 90,000,000+ meters contracted, 1,300 Spectrum Power control centers and 200+ utilities with EnergyIP installations. 70% of the world’s electricity consumption flows through infrastructure planned or analyzed by Siemens Grid Software. We believe that not one organization has all to support our customers, so an open ecosystem thinking is a core value for us.
Are you passionate about accelerating the energy transition? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
We are now looking for a Portfolio Partner Manager to further drive the success of our software portfolios. In this role, you will develop a systematic approach for profiling external software companies that can extend our own offering to support our customer’s work processes end-to-end and increase our market penetration. You will lead the interaction with those portfolio partners and engage product managers as necessary on concrete use cases.
This role will specifically focus on enhancing our software product portfolio offering, while a Sales Partner Manager, who belong to another team, extends the go-to-market and sales channels opportunities with external Partner companies.
What part will you play?
- As Portfolio Partner Manager (f/m/d) you create a strategic framework to identify gaps in our offering and screening software companies with a complementary offering
- Additionally, you run initial interactions and engagements with target companies on a partnership basis
- You design collaboration models with the target companies, highlighting the potential business case to be proposed to our Senior Management
- Creating an execution plan with Product Managers from the Portfolios, Sales and R&D to turn the business cases into real customer success is also part of your tasks
- You identify opportunities to transition portfolio partners into M&A targets
- Lastly you continuously engage and manage partner relationships for Grid Software and lead the qualification of opportunistic targets
What You Need To Make Real What Matters.
- You hold a technical oriented university degree, an MBA is a plus.
- In addition, you already build on many years professional track record in Sales, Product management, Business Development or Strategy roles giving you confidence with senior level partner contacts
- Concrete Partner or M&A project experience is a strong plus
- Industry experience in the Power/Electrical Grid market is considered a strong advantage
- You are distinguished by your strong communication skills in fluent English and are able to inspire internal and external stakeholders
- You can successfully and efficiently manage a wide variety of relationships mastering negotiation tactics. You have an attitude of turning conflicts into win-win opportunities
- You are flexible to travel 20%-30% of the time
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers – if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ – if you need further information on the application process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either