Job Req ID: 272872
Posting Start Date: 08-Sep-2022
Dubai, Dubai, AE
Contract Type: Full Time
Team Leader (MEP & Electrical)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of all assets and all personnel in a designated area and ensure high operating reliability and safety during a designated shift. To continuously explore ways to deliver efficient and effective maintenance service by following the defined maintenance plans, practices and ways of working to ensure maintenance objectives are met.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the line manager to achieve the purpose
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of drawings (circuit and wiring diagrams/schematic and layout drawings) irrespective of system
- Can correctly setup and use electrical/mechanical test equipment and interpret the test results
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Electrical /Mechanical Standards and Regulations.
- Ability to prepare various types of reports and CMMS work order management
- Ability to adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding
- Acts a role model and leads the team by example with consistent attention to detail and quality by demonstrating a “get it right first time every time ” attitude to the job
What We Are Looking For In Our Candidates
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including word, excel and PowerPoint. Adaptable to use company systems as required to the operations.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project an advantage
- 3 years’ minimum experience working in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- Proven experience in managing maintenance team/s.
- Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems
- High School Certificate.
- 2 year Industrial Training Institute Certificate / Diploma (3 year duration) minimum requirement
- Maintenance or equivalent (post high school).
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving license is essential.
- Minimum four (4) year experience within large scaled Facility Maintenance environment or similar.
- Airport experience is considered as added advantage for this position
- This position requires a very good level of spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Ability to perform
- Risk assessments
- Issue Permits and Electrical/Mechanical Isolations and LOTO
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
- to include one or more of
- MEP systems and assets in Facilities
- Civil assets in buildings/building envelopes/Furnitures
- Utilities assets/systems/networks
- Airfield/Roads/Pavement related assets and systems
- Airfield Lighting/Outdoor lighting related assets and systems
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.