At Sephora we are united by a common goal – to reimagine the future of beauty.
Reimagine your future with Sephora.
At Sephora, we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change every day. The Category Merchandiser is fully responsible of the permanent and non-permanent merchandising in all stores of Sephora ME. Bearing in mind Sephora’s overall retail strategy and the category strategy, he/she applies, enforces changes to the category merchandising rules.
Reporting to: Category Director Makeup
Location: Dubai, UAE
Assortment Management and Merchandising
- Plan and manage product lifecycle, and prepare sales and stock plans under supervision of Category manager
- Ensure proper stock levels for display and sales, for animations and thematics for B&M and Ecom
- Secure planograms of allocated brands and ensure full merchandizing visibility
- Maintain regional assortments at SKU level and manage allocated catalogue of brands’ portfolio.
- Maintain launch and discontinuation calendar, brand expansion and opening of new doors
- Prepare sales forecasts at SKU level by store / country and channel, in alignment with brand budget and in consideration of cannibalization. Propose the most relevant product mix.
- Provide post launch reports on key launches by SKU level
- Conduct bi yearly brand assortment analysis and propose action plan on optimization of SKU’s and merchandizing
- Monitor stock based on forecasts, flag overstock situations to management, and suggest action plan
- Work closely in partnership with planner to ensure Brand objectives are appropriately aligned to inventory investment
- Secure brand participation to Sephora Favorites program
- Source and develop new brands that fill an important need gap within the category
- Initiate and follow up on the regulation and compliance process of all new SKU’s
- Plan promotions, launches, animations and marketing activities within category strategy with external and interal partners
- Develop and manage training support with brands and education department
- Coordinate with relevant teams on brand activation for Ecom visibility, content and instore animations. Attend the weekly meeting to set M+1 priorities
- Securing optimized brand assets for activations
- Secure samples and gift quantities for ecommerce activations (GWP, PWP…)
- Ensure balanced e-store representation of brand and SKU launches
- Select brand participation for PR events 3 times a year as per Sephora guidelines (gifting, stand…)
- Coordinate with PR on annual seeding and PR plans with brand partners
- Ensure timely implementation of digital campaigns
- Secure samples and gifts quantities for Beauty Pass activations and ensure timely implementation
- Define products to be highlighted in Beauty Pass emailers, in line with category priorities
- Coordinate and align with social team on calendar priorities and activations such as competitions, give aways…
- Attend weekly social media meeting to review upcoming posts as per set priorities
Communication & Reporting
- Prepare monthly category and brand performance KPI’s defined by category manager
- Track monthly brand budgets by country and by store
- Monitor newness performance
- Develop and manage brand relations, terms negations, testers / damages and RTV’s
- Coordinate internally across all departments for brand related topic
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Interest and passion in beauty in particular Makeup, following trends and updates.
- Excellent Analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong communication (written and oral) presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to show collaborative spirit and agility