About Schlumberger We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with strategic DELFI customers to understand their landscape, digital transformation ambitions and help define information systems to meet their needs, aligned with DELFI roadmap.
- Assessing the data landscape and systems architecture currently in place and working with customer technical staff such as IT (Information Technology), security, architecture, and data management teams to identify requirements for improvement.
- Working with customer technical staff and Schlumberger HQ (Head Quarters) product development teams to chart out a roadmap to address these requirements for the customer using DELFI technologies and services.
- Ensure alignment of customer integration landscape to DELFI overall roadmap to minimize fragmentation of technologies and architecture for the DELFI environment.
- Provide guidance to the different portfolio and development teams in tech-centers to explain the use-cases and context in which the customer will exercise the technology deliverables.
- Work with the local GeoUnit to identify service engagements needed to address data loading, curation, delivery needs and to work with assigned local partners for tactical prototypes or customer specific extensions using well defined extension points in DELFI.
- Work with the product portfolio and engineering teams to ensure that these prototypes can be subsumed in future product releases.
- Work with the customer to quickly prototype and demonstrate viable workflows locally.
- Keeping abreast with DELFI developments and continually researching current and emerging cloud technologies to be a trust-worthy advisor for the client
- Informing various management stakeholders about any challenges and technical risks with the current technical solutions being implemented
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience in software development/engineering and software architecture design
- In-depth understanding of upstream E&P data management and data services
- Efficient communication skills, client interface, solutions oriented
- Experience in cloud, web software development
- Previous experience as solution architect with client facing engagements.
- Engagement and competency in Open Source OSDU (Open Subsurface Data Universe) platform and technologies
- Sound knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform) and Azure cloud PaaS (Platform as a Service) services, IBM OpenShift technologies
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Fluency in English
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer.Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.