Aramco Trading was established as Saudi Aramco’s trading arm in 2011 under the approval of Saudi Aramco’s Board of Directors. It established its headquarters in Al-Midra Tower in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and have 3 other global offices in London, Singapore and Fujairah. With four offices currently operating worldwide, Aramco Trading has broader access to markets, a wider client base, a more talented and diversified workforce, and a more sophisticated and integrated global business model.
Today, the company is recognized globally as a critical trading partner for refiners, shipping companies, financial institutions, end-users, and other product-trading companies. The company trades across the barrel including Crude, Middle distillates, Light distillates, bulk petrochemicals, and polyolefin. Supporting market growth and the integration of downstream assets, Aramco Trading Fujairah (ATF), commenced its trading activities in 2019. ATF’ focus is on integrating Saudi Aramco’s downstream assets in the Arabian Gulf, East & South Africa and Indian Subcontinent Regions and expanding third party trading of Fuel, Distillates and Gasoline products. ATF has also been expanding its activities to include Crude, Liquid Chemicals and Chartering to its portfolio.
The claim and freight department sits under the big umbrella of CFO. Since the start of Aramco trading activities, claims and demurrage has been centrally handled in ATC, Dhahran and these include review, analyzing, resolving dispute and following up on claims. With increase in volume and trade flows, together with the need to liaise with regional counterparts, it is important that we set up the function in regional offices to support ATC.
- Ensure all claim activities are correctly reflected in the systems
- Prepare and negotiate with external customers all demurrage claims. The aim being to maximize recoveries and to minimize profit leakage from the business.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure efficient processing of demurrage payables and proper billing of receivables
- Deal with claim chasers and ad hoc queries from ship owner/counterparties
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Gather information for formulation/development of KPI’s relating to the demurrage and claims function to ensure that commitments are met.
- Follow internal procedures to receive approval for payments and escalate to Demurrage Manager when needed in a timely manner.
- Deliver other business support activities according to business specific needs
- Drive compliance with external regulations to protect the business from fines and penalties
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and be part of projects as directed by the Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marine Transportation or Industrial Management or Master Mariner (Class 1) or Marine Engineer (Class 1).