Roads and Transport Authority
Develop the Authority’s future foresight framework, and scout new trends and developments or emerging phenomena in the field of transport and adjacent fields and society in general to determine reasonable scenarios for the Authority and ensure its readiness along with Managing the development, Modernization and Follow-up of the implementation of the Dubai Mobility Management Framework for the first and last mile and short trips, while ensuring that Develop, review and update the department’s strategies and key performance indicators to support
leadership in this field for the authority in the Emirate of Dubai.
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Set the right framework and guidelines related to the section to comply with the RTA policies in respect to the Shareholders, Customer, Suppliers, Employees, and Partners; and to carry out duties and responsibilities as per RTA Code of Conduct.
- Ensure to identify the required criteria to decide the conditions of transportation and the appropriate areas that serve the first and last mile and short distances in the Emirate of Dubai, and ensuring their integration with the various modes of transport.
- Manages and supervises RTA specialized strategies related to future envisioning, transportation integration & mobility management in coordination with Relevant business units.
- Provide strategic recommendations and detailed reports regarding future trends for transport and shared mobility/First Last Mile Support and participate in the strategic planning for the Department Projects, implementation and supervision mechanism.
- Identify new trends to support RTA’s transport future and propose recommendations for RTA’s higher management.
- Analyze the work methods, indicators and section practices and list the development and improvement opportunities.
- Devises the annual budget for the section, and means for applying it, oversees, assesses, and submits to the Director for review and approval.
- Provide managerial & technical advice and recommendations on various relevant reports Coordinate with RTA internal & external entities related to the future foresight and shared mobility/First Last Mile.
- Leading section developments and team improvements by maintaining a healthy internal work environment to ensure continues productivity and raise the job satisfaction level which will ensure the section’s progress and raise the outcomes.
- Ensuring the global leadership of the Roads and Transport Authority in the areas of future foresight and mobility management by providing intellectual leadership to achieve smooth and sustainable mobility.
- Develop and conduct a horizon-scanning process to make sense of the different forces at play that contribute to the establishment of processes and prepare structures and support building a culture of futures thinking work within helping the organization keep ahead of the competition and changing trends and leadership.
- Manage the preparation and developments of policies, guidelines, and processes to support and improve future envisioning and mobility management as specified in Dubai and encourage seamless integration between first and last mile modes of transport, short trips and other means of transport.
- Manage the opportunities Identification, and monitor ideas, projects & initiatives related to the future of transport and shared mobility, and First and Last Mile, from global, UAE, and RTA sources.
- Highlight the Participating of the Roads and Transport Authority in Future Envisioning and Mobility Public transport, first and last mile in applicable locally and internationally.
- Develop, manage & monitor policies, processes, guidelines, KPIs and work plans and improvement opportunities related to the section ensuring excellence and quality.
- Establishes and develop RTA technical plans, and Dubai five (5) years plans and strategies related to transportation integration & mobility management in coordination with Relevant business units.
- Maintain existing partnerships and work on proposing and developing new strategies, projects, initiatives, partnerships and collaboration opportunities, based on future trends of transport, shared mobility and first and last mile.
- Governance and review the technical integration plans and their priorities, updating the criteria for determining the contents and priorities of those plans, ensuring that the technical plans are aligned with the first and last mile strategy, transportation integration, performance monitoring, and submitting periodic reports to the Director General and the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Lead the strategic future foresight & Mobility Management and working on development and explore different logical future scenarios that the authority may face and Identifying opportunities with highlighting potential challenges.
- Perform other related responsibilities and duties associated with the position.
- Monitor New trends, Government directions, developments or phenomena emerging in the organization fields & adjacent fields or in the society at large to update the organization future directions.
- Ensure the provision of technical and administrative support to the Authority’s agencies and participate in reviewing and following-up of projects and studies related to the first and last mile and the integration of transportation, including studies of foreign, local and federal sectors.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND EXPERIECE
Bachelor degree in Architecture, Engineering or Transport Engineering from a recognized university.
- 7 years of working experience.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Shared mobility policies and implementation Transport integration and new emerging modes knowledge.
- Future Foresight ability.
- Knowledge of recent trends in transport, future of transport and sustainability of transport.
- Knowledge of transportation planning, policy and legislation principles, practices and theories.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches’ employees to meet high performance standards.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications