A fantastic opportunity from a globally recognised employer brand is looking to hire an exceptional candidate to join their team. The role will be responsible for defining building and executing Cloud & Hyperscalers category strategy, delivering against business req., implementing best practices & identify opportunities for bringing in efficiencies & effectiveness within the procurement value chain.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Develop the strategy for Cloud & Hyperscalers Strategic Category, detailing key priorities for short –, medium- and long-term goals, and maximize cost savings without unduly reducing other sources of value, ensuring competitiveness, and mitigating short and long-term risks.
- Drive organizational commitment to the savings, investments, innovation, and quality goals by building cross-functional agreement and signoff from business stakeholders and leadership.
- Drive implementation of specific outcome-based initiatives and drive them in sprints to support the category strategy and define clear quantification of the cost and non-cost benefits that these initiatives will achieve.
- Perform internal and external benchmarking, comparing procurement practices focusing on at costs, quality, operating processes, and other metrics throughout the organization, across regions, business units and competitors
- Analyse current suppliers for Cloud & Hyperscalers services to develop an understanding of where the business unit fits into each supplier’s portfolio and thus what sort of leverage for negotiation exists.
- As part of sprints, collaborate within the squad to define contractual obligations (duration, expiry, and time since last bid), the length of supplier relationships, conduct evaluation of supplier performance versus business needs, and the evolution of the supply base over time
- Segment the supply market by region and product type, to understand the key business drivers behind price development, and analyse the relevant market economics, as well as suppliers’ cost structures
- Use market intelligence tools and databases to screen the markets for suppliers offering new technologies and standout innovations that bring real improvements to the business. Develop supplier cost models, perform clean sheet analysis, spend analysis, price curve s etc.
- Drive the negotiation discussions with key suppliers basis market research on global pricing structures & current supplier cost positions
- Identify the levers for minimising the Total Cost of Ownership for the relevant category. For ex: (Effective payment terms, streamlined specifications, SLA Management etc.)
- Responsible for defining the spend baseline and the evolution of that spend over time by detailing out the spend structure by segment, supplier, business unit, and region. Assess historic spending patterns, incorporate it as part of category strategy process and drive future spending
- As a part of sprint review, track & measure Cloud & Hyperscalers category performance (including corrective actions if necessary), deliver progress report to POD Global Lead
- As a Squad member, understand the value of Scrum events, apply them to the needs of the Squad and the desired outcome including planning, stand up, retrospective and showcasing & removing blockers/ impediments
- Assist the scrum master to capture performance metrics of the respective Squad and build and manage a high performing squad
- Attend daily stand ups and discuss bottlenecks & focus areas identified during the sprints.
- Interact with Strategic Sourcing Chapter members, sharing expertise and deep knowledge to support upskilling and goal achievements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management / or equivalent degree (Telecom IT & Hardware Engineering preferred)
- Post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent professional qualification (Preferred)
- 7 – 11 years relevant working experience
- 3 – 5 years of relevant working and managerial experience in the sourcing Cloud & Hyperscalers category
- Strong procurement/sourcing experience
- Understanding of emerging telecom/ supply chain practices and trends
- Experience working in a medium to large organization, managing Cloud & Hyperscalers Categories
- Experience working across global locations/ regions and have a grasp of political, social, infrastructure and integrity challenges
- Experience in ERP (preferably Oracle)
- Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best practices (SCM)
Industry / Certifications (Advantageous)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification