MTN a globally recognised employer brand is looking for an Associate Category Sourcing to join their team. This role will be responsible for consolidating RFx demand for end-to-end execution of RfX within the guardrails defined by the Strategic Procurement team, with respect to goods/services package, RfX type and approach, business requirements, list of suppliers, etc.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Support the group’s Category Sourcing procedures and framework developed under the guidance of CoE & POD Global Leads.
- Collaborate with the demand planning team to forecast demand for the relevant category and plan, develop, and implement it.
- Offer guidance on best market practices by conducting market research on topics including supply market structure and dynamics, leading category strategies, price structures, opportunities, and threats. This will help the main strategic category.
- Manage the full planning and implementation of RfX within the parameters and goals established by the relevant Principal Strategic Category (goods/services package, RfX type and approach, requirements, list of suppliers, alternatives to negotiated agreement).
- Support in contract negotiations and selection of the best suppliers based on the RFX’s established parameters and goals that are in line with the relevant strategic category principal.
- To ensure efficient cost management, challenge supplier pricing when necessary and reduce system costs.
- Ensure compliance, scores of shortlisted vendors, and paperwork completeness for the corresponding RFx.
- Initiate contract formation by communicating with associate supplier performance & contract management and providing the RFx evaluation results.
- Drive the identification of suitable actions to be taken for RFx preparation and release as part of sprint planning, breaking them down into results to be achieved and reviewed, liaising with counterparts for demand planning, related inputs, and providing guidance in coordination with demand planning team.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, offer suggestions, and pinpoint areas for growth.
- Prepare recurring reports on category savings and distribute them to the appropriate parties.
- Create ad hoc reports, engage with the team, and impart your knowledge to help them reach their goals and advance their skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or a related field is required (telecom network engineering is a plus).
- Supply Chain Management postgraduate degree or equivalent professional certification (Preferred)
Experience And Knowledge
- 3–5 relevant years of work experience
- 2-3 years experience in a capacity connected to procurement, such as a category buyer, purchasing agent, or purchasing officer, or a role with a similar level of experience (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- A thorough awareness of the price trends and network suppliers used in the market.
- Knowledge of new trends and techniques in supply chains and telecom
- experience managing category sourcing while employed at a medium-sized to large business
- ARIBA, SAP, or other major ERP System experience (Preferably Oracle)
Industry / Certifications (Advantageous)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)