Build a relationship of trust and confidence between Red Hat and the customer’s engineering, development, and operations teams.
About The Job
The Red Hat Product Specialist Solutions Architecture team in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) is looking for a Senior Specialist Solutions Architect to join our OpenShift team. In this role, you will promote the adoption and deployment of our Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions in key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You’ll work with customers on-site and remotely to gain an understanding of their business needs and align them with Red Hat OpenShift. You will also design and deliver evaluations, proofs of concepts, and pilots of our offerings, and you’ll play a crucial role in bringing together internal cross-functional teams to satisfy our most challenging customers.
As a Senior Specialist Solutions Architect, you will act as the customer’s advocate to architect the best solution and ensure it is implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way. We’ll need you to have an excellent working knowledge of cloud architectures, their supporting infrastructures, application development and deployment in the cloud, and associated tools and technologies. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What You Will Do
- Deliver successful Red Hat OpenShift workshops for small to medium teams of technical and non-technical backgrounds that shape the customer’s use cases, and architect design decisions
- Scope evaluations and guide customers through successful proofs of concepts and pilot deployments with local regional teams that increase customers’ confidence in our offerings
- Design, create, and deliver content that enables Red Hat to sell, service, and support Red Hat OpenShift at scale
- Work closely with internal product teams, Product Engineering, Professional Services, Global Support, and Sales to ensure a world-class customer experience with Red Hat solutions
- Act as the trusted subject matter expert for the customer, building long-lasting relationships within our key accounts
- Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale Red Hat’s services capabilities, promote repeatable customer engagements, and lower delivery risk
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in cloud-based application development and deployment by producing world-class whitepapers, webinars, etc., and speaking at industry-leading conferences
- Travel up to 40%, following Red Hat’s COVID-19 guidelines
What You Will Bring
- Proven experience in a related technology position, e.g., consulting, presales, operations, development, or related internships
- Background in presales or consultative customer engagement with a major professional services organization or within the services division of a major software company or customer IT department
- Previous experience with Kubernetes or building Highly Available application platforms
- Technical expertise in cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technologies like Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine (GCE), VMWare Tanzu Application Service, etc.
- Technical experience with Linux and virtualization technologies for application deployment and operations like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Virtualization, VMWare vSphere, KVM, etc.
- Advanced skills in scripting, Linux command line tools, and build and monitoring tools like Shell scripts, Linux command line, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Linux system administration skills in networking, IP, DNS, DHCP, containers, and package management
- Knowledge of DevOps from a technology point of view
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools like Puppet, Ansible, or CFEngine
- Familiarity with the design and operation of medium to large-scale enterprise and cloud infrastructures, databases, and application systems with high-availability requirements; extensive experience with the application life cycle in traditional environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with extensive experience presenting to IT managers and C-level executives at large firms
- Solutions-sales mentality in an environment with multiple products and services
- Some experience working with developers, the system development life cycle (SDLC), pipelines, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), and GitOps
- Previous experience with OpenShift is a plus; training and certification can be provided
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.