Line of Service
Legal Services – Employment & Pensions
Job Description & Summary
PwC Legal Middle East
PwC Legal Middle East is a multiple award-winning regional team of over 65 lawyers and legal professionals working across Corporate & Commercial (particularly M&A and Restructuring), Financial Services & FinTech, Energy & Projects, Employment & Reward, Immigration, Corporate Governance, Entity Incorporations & Compliance and NewLaw. Globally, we are part of the largest legal network in the world and we have over 3,500 lawyers in over 100 countries.
Our lawyers and legal professionals work alongside PwC’s traditional service lines, providing a truly integrated “one stop shop” service offering alongside Tax, Deals, Consulting and Assurance services. We provide technically sound, practical advice and look to embrace technology in everything we do.
Our Employment & Reward practice provides a broad range of strategic advice and assistance to an even broader range of clients, from start ups to government bodies and some of the largest multinational companies in the world. No two days are the same as the team provides regional assistance in respect of the entire spectrum of employment law issues, including: day to day employee management matters, reward and executive compensation structures, pensions, transactional support in the context of corporate activities and workplace investigations. The practice is unlike any other employment law team in the market. It is involved in some of the most novel and exciting work across the region and is growing at a significant pace. This role provides a unique opportunity to be at the cutting edge of legal services working on genuinely interesting matters.
PwC Legal Middle East’s lawyers
Our lawyers must be entrepreneurial and have a collaborative mindset to succeed in a truly different legal environment to a traditional law firm.
Technical excellence is a given and local knowledge is required but beyond that, we look for people with business acumen, a global mindset and those who enjoy building relationships across PwC and with our clients across the Middle East region and globally.
Our lawyers work closely with other PwC professionals at all levels and across various jurisdictions. Our senior lawyers play an important role in the development of junior lawyers.
We are looking for an employment lawyer with 2-3 years’ PQE to join our Employment & Reward practice. The successful candidate will be based in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Role Will Involve
- providing employment advice in respect of the entire spectrum of employment and labour matters, including pensions, executive compensation, the future of work and privatisation
- managing regional employment projects
- working closely with the global employment network on multi-jurisdictional matters
- working in a multi-disciplinary environment with other PwC professionals
- training and coaching junior members of the team
- supporting with and, in time, leading business development initiatives
We are interested in individuals who have the following experience and attributes:
- between 2 and 3 years’ post-qualified experience gained at a reputable law firm
- significant and demonstrable employment law experience (preferably in the GCC though other experience will be considered)
- evidence of assisting with business development initiatives
- strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- strong communication and analytical skills
- Arabic speaking preferred
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree – Law
Degrees/Field Of Study Preferred
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 30, 2022