We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Principal Engineer – Process
- Review the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, delegate work, raise technical queries, manage inputs to other disciplines, review techno-commercial vendor offers; prepare proposal technical writeups and man-hour estimates.
- Verify and conceptualize the most optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/supply and
- accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Lead the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) for process activities, carry out Contract Review; review all key process deliverables to ensure correctness. Identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries or meetings with projects/client.
- Recommend, assign and distribute manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Supervise the preparation of Start-up and Operations Manuals. Prepare Operational Test Procedures (OTP’s) when required. Provide support to commissioning teams when required.
- Supervise system engineering for finalizing P&I diagrams, performing equipment sizing / rating.
- calculations and finalizing suitable materials of construction conforming to process/ service requirement
- Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers provide start-up assistance as required.
- Supervise the preparation of design and equipment calculations for identification and verification of equipment parameters including calculations for valve sizes, pumps, vessels, exchangers, columns, safety valves, control valves, shutdown valves, line sizing, logic diagrams etc.
- Lead the preparation of equipment lists for downstream engineering disciplines. Ensure equipment compatibility and conformance with client specifications. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall project costs, ensuring technical and safety compliance.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs.
- Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software.
- Perform/supervise all safety related process calculations such as blow-down /depressurizing, safety relief etc. Participate in all Design Reviews, HAZID, HAZOP and Model Reviews. Close out HAZOP actions related to process design and implement the action in process documents.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues, strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Provide Performance / utility guarantees and prepare guarantee test procedure.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee.
- Strengths and weaknesses and recommend training and development requirements.
- Identify training/development needs for team and participate in establishing career path.
- Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of related experience preferably from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.