Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Dy. Manager – Contracts
- Assists in managing all activities related to the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage of contractual, and commercial issues up to award of Contract, related to Contracts with Clients, partnering agreements with potential partners, exclusivity/tie-up arrangements with vendors/subcontractors, including, contractual terms and conditions with key potential vendors/subcontractors, risk review process including, identification, mitigation and management of contractual risks, ensure compliance with commercial procedures and that best practice is established, and promote continuous improvement to protect Company’s commercial position, ensure that there are adequate commercial resources within the commercial team to meet the needs of the pre-award/bidding activities, and ensure all commercial team members have clear roles, responsibilities, accountability and established authority levels.
- Assist, support and manage all activities related to contractual risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage;
- Participate as required in inputs for the Risk Review Committee;
- Assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage;
- Supports in performance of studies and evaluations for streamlining Company’s operations from a commercial/contractual point of view during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage;
- Assist in ensuring that due diligence on potential partners / Clients (as required) is carried out;
- Assist in ensuring that appropriate guidance regarding legal diligence in new jurisdictions is communicated throughout the commercial team;
- Assist in communicating and ensuring that the commercial team understands the advice provided on legal issues affecting the Company’s business, during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage;
- Assist in ensuring that the key contract terms and conditions are presented to the Project Management Team upon award of the Contract and ensuring that a proper handover takes place of the documentation involved with such Contract during bidding stage to the Project Contracts Team;
- Assist in resolution of major deviations from Vendors to the terms and conditions of Purchase of Goods and Site Services;
- Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage;
- Attend/support internal and external audits as required;
- Assist in development and monitoring of the relevant Commercial KPI’s;
- All other duties as directed by the Senior Manager – Contracts / Manager – Contracts.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- A graduate university degree in Law, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Experience in tendering, finalization, administration and management of Contracts and in finalization of various Partnership Agreements.
- Have good knowledge of business development, contract law, contract management, financial management of projects, project controls, risk management principles, excellent experience reviewing, amending and negotiating insurances and bonds during pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Have demonstrated skills in strategy formulation, negotiation, relationship building, team building, communication, coaching/mentoring.
- Be competent in providing advice on contracts and able to co-ordinate, gather, analyze and understand complex information.
- Have experience in International markets, (preferably in the GCC).
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with Clients, Partners, Subcontractors and Company staff.
- Possess good project management and time management skills.
- Must be able to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve Company goals.
- Must have strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Can communicate proficiently and professionally in spoken and written English