Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse Client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ENGINEER – PIPING MATERIALS (OFFSHORE)
- Review Contract documents and identify requirements and scope of work for Project execution. Review specifications, drawings, and other documents, establish Contract review criteria, identify, and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through technical queries to Client.
- Carry out Piping Material and Procurement Engineering activities for successful completion of Proposals and / or Projects within allocated Cost, Time, and Resources.
- Review Fluid Lists, line lists, prepare Piping Material Specifications, Wall thickness calculations, Valve and SP item Data Sheets.
- Exposure on non-metallic piping systems like GRE, HDPE, UPVC, CPVC piping, Press Fittings.
- Prepare and issue Inquiry and Purchase Requisitions, Review Technical Bids, prepare Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Carry-out Material Tracking from Bid stage to Construction, focusing on piping bulk delivery, piping prefabrication activity and identify top-up requirements.
- Liaise with Design team for piping MTO and material related issues. Carry out sanity check for critical design deliverables like isometrics for materials part.
- Coordinate with Procurement team for prioritizing orders which are crucial to obtain critical data for engineering.
- Liaise with third party Vendors like GRE Manufacturer, VdS Consultants for Material related requirements.
- Exposure to Tendering activities, preparation of Bills and costing, Value Engineering.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal team, other disciplines, and Value Engineering Centers.
- Participate in meetings with Client, Approval authorities, Vendors etc.
- Understand & implement EN requirements for Piping Materials.
- Ensure design in compliance to the requirements as per International codes and standards, Contractual requirements, In-house standards etc.
- Strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures and QMS guidelines, HSE policies and procedures. Participate in Internal and Client audits, facilitate project / department audits.
- Support development of Internal Standards, Guidelines, Specifications, and Checklists as part of Quality management system activities.
- Support digitalization & work process automation initiatives through collaboration with Development team.
Competencies And Experience
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 to 15 years Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Refineries, New Energy.
- Preferably from a working background in EPC Companies for offshore Oil & Gas, Wind Energy industries.
- Exposure to offshore fixed structures including Wind Substation Platforms (including HVAC, HVDC) is desired.
- Knowledge of working with European clients, European OEMs and exposure to European Safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge on relevant International Codes & Standards like EN, DNVGL, ASME, ANSI, API, MSS, BS, ISO, NACE.
- Exposure to VdS, European Directives like PED, Marine Standards like MARPOL, IMO, SOLAS.
- Possess skills in Piping Materials Engineering activities with exposure to 3D environment.
Preferred Software Skills And Experience
- ERM/VPRM (Proficient)
- Office Tools (Proficient)
- Navisworks Simulate (Working)