Ready to be part of team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community?
Parsons is seeking a mid to senior level Hydrogeologist with an emphasis in groundwater modeling, to join our team. Candidate will work with strong, senior technical staff on various environmental and water-resources related projects, specifically providing groundwater modeling and quantitative hydrogeology support for a variety of high-profile clients.
Key ResponsibilitiesThe hydrogeologist/groundwater modeler will contribute to a diverse range of urban drainage and water-related projects with involvement in a broad range of responsibilities including
- Work closely with drainage team and design managers to provide geological and hydrogeologic technical expertise on projects.
- Apply knowledge of geology and hydrogeology to aid development and management of groundwater resources for clients.
- Evaluation and interpretation of test data.
- Interpret and analyze various forms of geologic and hydrogeologic data to build model of the groundwater regime including contamination.
- Participate with a team of engineers to perform groundwater flow and transport modeling in support of project work (environmental, water supply, urban drainage etc.)
- Determine the nature, extent, fate and transport of contaminants and source areas at environmental sites.
- Work independently, exercising professional judgment to develop and recommended solutions that meet client expectations and goals.
- Position will include task/project management and some business development opportunities.
- Provide technical documentation and presentations.
- Produce high quality products on schedule and within budgets in a fast-paced environment
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a highly motivated, numerate individual with a strong interest in hydrogeology and groundwater modeling. This post will suit those who have already established a career in environmental consultancy and are looking to develop to the next level. Specifically, we are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject, such as civil engineering, earth/environmental/geological science, or environmental engineering.
- Candidates having master’s degree in above with specialization in quantitative hydrogeology and groundwater modeling will be given preference.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of working as hydrogeologist/groundwater modeler in consultancy firm or municipality. Preference will be given to candidates having UAE and GCC experience.
- Must have experience of successful delivery of technical inputs environmental projects in a consultancy setting, including a good understanding of the legislative and policy context of technical work
- Should have gained or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body (ICE or CIWEM).
- Knowledge of different drilling methods, geophysical techniques, and experience implementing hydrogeologic characterization studies including well design and construction,
- Knowledge of packer testing, aquifer testing and analysis and water quality sampling techniques.
- Experience of developing hydrogeological conceptual models and geologic framework models (Leapfrog, Geo-modeler etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in codes such as MODFLOW and FEFLOW, including inverse modelling using PEST.
- Ability to design implement and supervise Aquifer testing and data evaluation.
- Experience in preparing data analysis sections of consulting project reports is required.
- Should have strong numerate and analytical skills, and be able to apply these to analyzing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges
- Should be able to collaborate effectively as part of a team, but also exhibit initiative in working individually on discrete tasks
- Excellent communication skills, including being able to write high quality, concise reports
- Should have practical experience in at least some of the following: use of MS Office tools (Excel, Access) and use of GIS packages such as ArcGIS.
Minimum Clearance Required To StartNot Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.