Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform conventional and complex Mechanical engineering design assignments applying Mechanical engineering techniques and analysis within a discipline
What You’ll Be Doing
Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of Mechanical engineering designs for Mechanical systems and pressurized networks for large and mega infrastructure projects that meet customer quality requirements and international as well as Local Authority regulations and standards.
This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
Shall be familiar with Saudi Arabian Authorities regulations and requirements e.g Civil defense , municipality , water and electrical authority etc.
Shall be familiar with Saudi Arabian local code and international standard e.g NFPA , BS.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in Mechanical design of Infrastructure projects with minimum 4 years in similar Principal/ Senior Mechanical Engineer position
- Recent experience Mechanical designs to local and international standards
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using HVAC software, BIM software e.g Revit experience and other software.
- Develop Master plan report, derive utility demand load calculations, sizing major equipment and selective protection coordination, tie in point requirements, Full understanding of wet utilities and infrastructure projects from Concept to IFC stage
- Strong infrastructure engineering background with previous experience on infrastructure projects calculations, and report writing skills.
- Design of mechanical equipment for Sewerage Treatment Plants, and various Storm water, Sewage, Irrigation Pumping Stations, fire pump station , district cooling network.
- Prefer with experience on designs of Mechanical systems for multistory buildings, special buildings such as data centers.
- Prefer with experience in mechanical systems for Rail and modern Metro systems, tunnel ventilation system
- Shall be able to analyze the specific project requirements for greenfield, brownfield projects.
- Preparation of design reports, specifications, tender documents and securing design approvals for different project phases including coordination with client/authorities/sub consultants.
- Review of design reports prepared by other consultants and preparation of design review reports
- Preparation of technical proposals and estimation for projects, Technical Evaluation of Bids and preparation of evaluation reports.
- Coordination with all local authorities.
- Carrying out Value Engineering for various technical options and preparing Value Engineering reports with recommendations.
- Preparing Clarifications to Contractor RFIs, Review/approve key technical submittals related to Mechanical works and dry utilities.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Ability to communicate in Arabic.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.