Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Quantity Surveyor to join our team!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist the SQS in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Participate, record and assist in the preparation of the minutes of the progress meetings.
- Provide support to the SQS on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
- Participate in all commercial meetings.
- Liaise with the SQS to ensure prompt submittal and completeness of Contractors monthly payment applications and assist the SQS in finalizing the payment certificates.
- Maintain and streamline all cost and quantity records.
- Advise the SRE and RE’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Evaluate the unit rates for new work items and present to the SQS for review.
- Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
- Assist the SQS in the preparation of variation orders.
- Participate in the Evaluate contractual claims for review by the SQS.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims for review and issuance by the SQS.
- Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the contractor’s resource allocation.
- Assist the SQS in the preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
- Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
- Check and record measurements of completed work.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
- Assist the SQS in the review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer (PMC).
- Participate in the preparation of Final Account with all supporting documentation.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration on major infrastructure projects
- Sound knowledge about contractual relationships
- Fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Prior experience working in major infrastructure projects in Abu Dhabi
- Qualified/chartered by a recognized international body
Minimum Clearance Required To StartNot Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.