Civil 3D BIM Modeler
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Civil 3D BIM Modeler to join our team!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting the BIM Coordinator and Project Delivery Team(s) in day-to-day BIM implementation activities.
- Develop 3D/2D dimensional models required for drawing preparation, clash reporting and presentation aligned with the project LOD requirements and modeling standards.
- Extract 3D models for clash analysis, schedule review and QS.
- Ensure coordination of all Model interfaces with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Ensure all Models, drawings and deliverables are checked to comply with project and company quality standards and BIM requirements.
- Prepare the engineering drawings from the model that comprises of basic arrangements, layouts, profiles, sections etc.
- Develop and extract 2D geometry from the models for internal reviews and coordination meetings.
- Ensure Project Information Models (PIM’s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
- Prepare BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements
- Conduct clash detection and visual walkthroughs
- Prepare models and reports for constructability analysis
- Coordinate work with the lead technical engineer, including taking responsibility for timely completion of deliverables.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5-8 years Civil 3D experience within depth working knowledge of current Civil 3D versions; Proficient in CAD design 2D/3D (AutoCAD and Civil 3D)
- Ability to demonstrate setting up new Civil 3D project files for the team, strong problem-solving skills and multitasking ability
- Expertise in producing Civil 3D Families according to project requirements
- Ability to maintain standards and library of Civil 3D families/objects and also run clash detection in Civil 3D
- Strong computer skills; Experience of producing working drawings in Civil 3D
- Expert knowledge of Civil 3D including use of parametric, generation of Bill of Material, assemblies, sub-assemblies, creation of families, etc.
- Advanced Civil 3D skills are essential including creation of a federated model using Civil 3D Links, creating/working with Civil 3D Worksets and professional using of shared coordinates.
- Proficient in a range of BIM Authoring, Scripting, Design Review, Coordination, Simulations and Collaboration Platforms:
- Essentials: (Civil3D, , Navisworks, BIM 360, , AutoCAD).
- Knowledge of BIM codes and Standards (ISO19650, PAS1192-2, BS1192).
- Knowledge of General BIM Model requirements (i.e., LOD, Naming convention, parametric modeling, etc.)
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Proficiency in ProjectWise, Synchro, Bluebeam Studio, Revit Sketchup, 3D Max, Dynamo
- Prior experience working on ITS projects
- Possess Excellent Oral Communication Skills with an Ability to Form Effective Relationships with Project Delivery Team, Client, and Contractor under Time Pressure
- Possess the ability to Develop Analytical Reports and Presentations
Minimum Clearance Required To StartNot Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.