Senior Resident Engineer – Roads & Infrastructure
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex roads and infrastructure projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Resident Engineer with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
The Senior Resident Engineer has the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, presentations, for the Government and in briefing tenants and senior personnel. Ability to manage interdisciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labor categories.
Mobilizes company resources to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Senior Resident Engineer is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Civil Engineering related technical/business field
- 20+ years of related engineering construction management experience on large scale roads and infrastructure programs
- 5+ years Abu Dhabi project experience
- Major project experience AED1B+
- Professional registration may also be required.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards Incumbent must meet Parsons’ project management certification requirements.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.