Electrical/Lighting Design Engineer
- Prepare electrical engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, designs, specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Prepare detailed requisitions for electrical equipment and related materials as well as review supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Independently carry out designs of Electrical Power distribution systems and prepare electrical HV and LV Designs, lighting designs for indoor, outdoor applications using Dialux, and AGI32 software with minor support from Senior Engineer.
- Prepare Power cable sizing calculations using software such as Amtech.
- Carry out electrical Load Flow Study using ETAP software, analysis and short circuit analysis, as well as cable derating calculations using Cymecap / Similar software.
- Prepare the Project Electrical load demand calculations, Power supply master plans, LV Network designs including Distribution substation layouts as well as 11KV/22KV/ 13.8KV- HV network designs for large private developments and/ or large Government projects.
- Prepare electrical system design for the pump stations such as Irrigation, Drainage and Sewage Pump stations and Sewerage Treatment Plants.
- Design Fire alarm and Life safety systems and shall be conversant with NFPA as well as Local Civil Defense Regulations.
- Support the preparation of detailed technical, commercial and Life Cycle Cost Analysis of various technical alternatives.
- Prepare and deliver detailed technical powerpoint presentations for the Clients. Prepare technical design reports with minimum support from the senior engineer.
- Liaise with DEWA for obtaining Power Supply Master Plan Approvals, Load NOCs, LV Design Approvals, HV Design Approvals, 11 KV Substations, Getting Electricity applications,
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) from an accredited institution
- Minimum 6 years experience in electrical design of large infrastructure projects
- Prior experience working in a consultancy is essential
- Experience of working in Civil3D or other 3D software environment
- Extensive experience of working with Dialux and AGI 32 software
- Basic understanding of the ELV Systems such as CCTV, Access Control, Parking Management, BMS, SCADA systems.
- Fully conversant with the IEC, IEEE, BS standards as well as Electricity Authority regulations such as DEWA, ADDC/ ADWEA and/or other authorities within gulf region.
- Approval from DM / RTA would be added advantage. Registration with DEWA as electrical engineer will be also considered as an added advantage.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is preferred
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.