Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Ready to put your urban planning and expertise to work on marquee projects that will change the fabric of our cities? Would you enjoy being involved in a wide range of urban development projects? Parsons is now hiring a Sr. Associate Urban Designer for our rapidly expanding portfolio of master planning projects.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your urban planning and design skills will propel your career forward. In the role of Sr. Associate Urban Designer you will prepare urban planning studies and develop master plans at local, regional, and strategic level exercising full planning responsibility for interpreting, organizing, coordinating, and executing assignments. Our Sr. Associate Urban Designer maintain liaisons with individuals and units, both inside and outside the company, who are responsible for various master planning and design projects.
- Lead multidisciplinary team and ensure they are given clear instructions and guidance.
- Supervise and participate in advanced complex professional planning activities.
- Assigns work to professional staff and ensures appropriate training is provided.
Urban Planning and Urban Design
- Perform and manage complex and sensitive professional planning projects, research and analysis.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local and international standards.
- Advise the Planning Director on all planning-related matters.
- Gather, compile, and analyze data on economic, social, and physical factors affecting the developments.
- Develop technical inputs to support the delivery of high-quality plans, reports, and presentations.
- Confer with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for residential, commercial, transportation, industrial, and community uses.
- Develop recommendations based on governmental measures affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
- Prepare work programs to translate project objectives provided by the Client into detailed plans and take on the responsibility to subdivide work assignments and tasks to the project team.
Relationships with External Stakeholders
- Maintain contact and coordination with the multiple external agencies involved in the translation of the Government’s development mandate and master plan objectives into work plans through maintaining meaningful working relationships to facilitate a shared understanding.
- Support business development activities including the preparation of bids, pricing and content development.
- Prepare business presentations to promote the works of the planning studio.
- Support Key Account Management and nurturing Client relationships per business strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, or closely related field. Masters in Urban Planning is preferred.
- Certified planner certification is preferred at this level.
- Minimum 12 years of progressive urban planning and design experience working on a variety of projects
- Experience in the Middle East is a must
- Experience in producing master plans, conceptual designs and illustrative layouts.
- Experience in strategic and regional planning.
- Experience in developing urban planning regulations and writing technical manuals.
- Creative thinking and in depth understanding of current best practices.
- Thorough understanding of local statutes and planning rules and regulations.
- Ability to involve and represent wide-range and diverse interests in the development planning and design process and to reconcile conflicting demands.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proven ability for performing in a lead capacity on a project