Principal Electrical Engineer
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on complex engineering problems that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer who can apply advanced engineering techniques and lead a team of Engineers.
Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of Electrical engineering designs for HV, MV, LV systems and networks for large and mega infrastructure projects that meet customer quality requirements and international as well as Local Authority regulations and standards. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
Shall be responsible for liaising with Electricity Authorities such as DEWA, SEWA, ADDC, SEC, for obtaining Power Supply Master Plan Approvals, Load NOCs, LV Design Approvals, HV Design Approvals, MV Design approvals, Distribution substation approvals, Getting Electricity applications, NOCs and all related designs preparations.
The engineer may be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
Shall Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and Mid-Level, Junior Engineers working on the same project.
Shall Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Required Experience And Expertise
- Minimum 20 years relevant experience in Electrical design of Large Infrastructure projects with minimum 8 years in similar Senior Electrical Engineer position and or 5 years as Principal Engineer position.
- Recent experience of HV, MV & LV electrical design to local and international standards.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using ETAP, Amtech, and other software to perform Advanced Power system analysis, fault current, load flow and stability studies, Harmonics analysis for power networks and grids.
- Experience in using Cymcap software for Cable derating calculations.
- Must have thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code, IEEE, ANSI, IESNA, NFPA and IEC and various local authority standards in the GCC like DEWA, ADDC, SEWA, FEWA, SEC, MEDC, Civil Defense, etc.
- Preparing master plans from Concept stage to Detailed Master Plan stage in terms of HV, LV utility corridor space proofing, defining ROW requirements, coordination with wet utilities, ICT, Telecom, roads, transportation, landscape and building design teams
- Develop Master plan report, derive demand load calculations, sizing major equipment and circuits and selective protection coordination, tie in point requirements, Full understanding of dry utilities and infrastructure projects from Concept to IFC stage
- Strong infrastructure engineering background with previous experience on infrastructure projects Understanding of the requirements for primary substations 132/11 kV, HV corridor, Block work distribution substations, pocket substations, feeder pillars and service turrets, MV systems up to 33kV, LV networks, calculations, and report writing skills.
- Shall be able to analyze the specific project requirements for greenfield, brownfield projects.
- Extensive knowledge of SEC standards, design of MV and LV networks and Preparation of performance specifications for 132 kV substations as per SEC requirements.
- Design of Street Lighting for all type of roads, Under Bridge lighting, Tunnel lighting and Tunnel MEP designs, Lighting Calculations using Dialux and other software, SLDs, Load schedules, etc.,
- Design of Sewerage Treatment Plants, Reverse Osmosis Plants and various Storm water, Sewage, Irrigation Pumping Stations including lighting, small power, earthing, lightning protection, telecommunication, Security, Fire Detection and Alarm systems.
- Preparation of design reports, specifications, tender documents and securing design approvals for different project phases including coordination with client/authorities/sub consultants.
- Review of design reports prepared by other consultants and preparation of design review reports
- Preparation of technical proposals and estimation for projects, Technical Evaluation of Bids and preparation of evaluation reports.
- Coordination with all local authorities of GCC Region.
- Carrying out Value Engineering for various technical options and preparing Value Engineering reports with recommendations.
- Preparing Clarifications to Contractor RFIs, Review/approve key technical submittals related to electrical works and dry utilities.
- Experience in civil 3D, Navisworks environment and BIM software as well as Revit software is also necessary.
- Verifying clash analysis and resolving the clashes in 3D models.
- Additional Experience in the fields of power systems design and analysis and building services would be an advantage.
- Approval from DM / RTA would be added advantage. Registration with DEWA as electrical engineer will be also considered as an added advantage.
Minimum Clearance Required To StartNot Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.