Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented MEP Manager to join our team! In this role you will get to manage and coordinate the discharge of mechanical electrical & plumbing (MEP) consultants’ duties as defined in the consultancy agreements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage and co-ordinate the procurement process as related to their discipline.
- In the event of a potential threat to the project completion dates, identify in consultation remedial measures to correct and provide recommendations to the Construction Director. Implement such measures, subject to the approval of the Project Director and Employer as necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the discharge of mechanical electrical & plumbing (MEP) consultants’ duties as defined in the consultancy agreements.
- Coordinate the liaison process of the project team with relevant statutory authorities and utility providers in connection with MEP activities and items.
- Advise on site logistics related with MEP items
- Provide expert opinion on MEP design issues that may arise.
- Monitor the results of the tests and agree suitable measures with the project team if failures occur.
- Oversee timely, and within budget, delivery of the overall MEP design.
- Review design progress and verify correctness of progress recorded on monthly basis.
- Review findings of value engineering workshops with regards to MEP items and provide comments and recommendations
- Review findings of build ability reviews and provide comments and recommendations.
- Provide narrative to the Project Controls Manager, review progress and existing issues for inclusion in the PMC Monthly Report.
- Participate in design meetings with the Employer.
- Advise and assist the Employer through the Project Engineer, and ultimately the Project Director, in obtaining the statutory and other licenses and permits necessary for the occupation and use of the project
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Electrical or a construction related field
- 15+ years of construction management experience with related projects
- Prior experience in overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Requires extensive knowledge of construction related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices
- Demonstrated effective managerial capability, as well as strong written and oral communications skills
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.