This role will be based in Dubai, UAE with travel as required within country and within region, including but not limited to KSA, Oman & Egypt.
The role is based within the Talent & Organizational Development Function which holds responsibility for the development and management of talent pools within the MENA region and aligns with Global talent initiatives, mobilization and training.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Daily operational management of the McDermott Third Party Accredited Development Centre, to include but not limited to; Lead external annual audit; verify employee competency and request certification from Third Party; validate and approve Third Party invoices for centre registration, certificate issuance and audit charges; manage application process for additional program accreditation; undertake internal quality assurance on existing accredited programs; ensure program material is updated and relevant; manage data records for all accredited programs.
- Support McDermott Global Satellite Development Centers, in their establishment and daily operations, travelling to global locations when required to offer training and / or assistance.
- Lead Assessor and Internal Verifier competency assessment training, to include personnel based in MENA Fabrication Facilities, Marine Offshore personnel, and global personnel when required.
- Lead Trainer-Facilitator Workshops for Subject Matter Experts approved to deliver Mcdermott Programs by Third Party Accreditation Body.
- Work with Fabrication & Marine Management Team to ensure compliance with Competency Development Procedures, provide expert advise to the business in relation to Assessment design, implementation and subsequent action plans.
- Identify in-house training events required, based upon identified Competency gaps.
- Identify external training providers / training courses suitable to meet development requirements from identified Competency gaps.
- Support the Apprentice Development Program through validation of Competency Development Plans, Enrollment on Competency Development Programs specific to each craft and offer career support and guidance aligned with McDermott Craft Career Pathways.
- Ensure the accuracy and validity of all Competency Data Management Systems, including but not limited to; MAPS, HR Compass, Third Party Platform (Walled Garden).
- Provide statistical analysis regarding training data for data-driven decision making and process improvement
- Participate in the development and continual improvement of Talent Management Policies and Procedures. Adherence to all existing Policies
- Participate in the Global Competency initiatives, and Global Safety Training Program Accreditation requests.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within competency assessment and competency program design
- Assessor & Internal Verifier accredited by Industry Recognised Professional Body.
- Fully conversant English language – written & spoken. Arabic language would be advantageous
Company Overview and Core Values:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Talent Management (HR)
Direct / Regular
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Mar 28, 2022, 5:11:29 PM