To supervise warehouse and yard operations, manage, develop and assess the WHS team. Manage Inventory material record from requisitioning through P.O, material receipts, issue & RTS in the system. Manage Inventory material in warehouse and satellite stores. Ensure all the inventory material records are maintained in the system and top-up done in time to avoid shortage. Publish inventory material report for all PMT’s, MCS, Engineering, warehouse, satellite stores and construction. Supervise MRO/Barges in warehouse/yard floor operations ensuring minimum handling errors/damages, stock accuracy and compliance to company’s/ customer’s procedures thereby maintaining productivity of the warehouse/ yard/Marine, Barge & Vassals.
Liaise With: Project Material Controller, Surplus Material Coordinator, MTO Group, MCS – Requisition & Issue groups, Project Production Engineers, PMT, Purchasing – Buyers / Expeditors / UID group, QA/QC Inspectors, Warehouse Supervisors/Manager, Materials Men, Prefab Storekeepers / Shop Engineers, Satellite Storekeepers, HSES, Client, Engineering, Logistic-coordinators.
Supervises:Warehouse Administrators, Warehouse Man, Sub-Contractors working in warehouse.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Efficient and effective monitoring Control of inventory of all the materials at assigned area.
- Processes and documentation in a timely manner and within the parameters of and in compliance with company policies & procedures, Ethics Policy, Quality Procedures conforming to ISO 9001, Environmental Management Procedures conforming to ISO 14001 and Occupational Health and Safety Management Procedures conforming to OHSAS 18001 in a professional, friendly manner at all times.
- Effectively organize and allocate manpower and equipment’s to enable expediting of requisition as per priorities, plan warehouse space as per business requirements, supervise picking, packing and put-away operations, allocate resources for optimum utilization and suggest and implement processes to improve warehouse effectiveness
- Maintain records all the inventory of all the area assigned.
- Monitor inventory material utilizations and defines top-up order strategy and maintain stock for consumables in consultation with management.
- Review requisitioned material in consultation with Project Material Controllers & Lead (discipline) Engineers for any errors, specification and manufacturer prior to purchase for vendor offer.
- Prepare requisition to replenish the materials which are subsequently used.
- Assign locations effectively and check whether storage is done as per storage & preservation instruction so as to enable quick and timely retrieval thereby resulting in efficient picking Warehouse Issue requisition.
- Ensure that all put-away and picking lists are randomly rechecked for right quantities, dimensions and
- products and that all marking are there on the products as per the procedure / requirement
- Ensure the preservation procedures as required for different project material are followed at all times.
- Oversee packing processes for outbound shipments for compliance to country and customer specifications and that necessary certifications/stickers /stencil marking are attached to enable timely delivery of goods to the customer / vendor.
- Maintain data in MMS SQL inventory module and input the details received from different sub / satellite stores.
- Liaise with Surplus Material Coordinator, PMC / MCS Requisition group for new material requisitioning.
- Reconcile material after project completion and initiate transfer of project material to general inventory.
- Liaise with Preservation Coordinator for preservation of inventory material.
- Upon material receipts, ensure that all logs are updated and postings are carried out in the system.
- Liaise with QC, Buyers, Vendors, Expeditors to clear OS&D related to inventory material.
- Set-up minimum / maximum stock levels in consultation with material controllers for project material.
- Assist Material Controller, Production Engineer and Surplus Material Coordinator as necessary.
- Track and account for all incoming and outgoing products.
- Supervise all forklift operations and truck/trailer schedules.
- Carry out regular stock checks, cycle counts and location checks to achieve stock integrity and prepare necessary reports on variances. Carry out timely and accurate reconciliations for effective resolution of stock discrepancies.
- Prepare and accompany clients/ PMT for JEIT audits.
- Communicate & provide reports such as daily activity report, etc. to the Managers, customer, etc. as and when required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and furnish operational reports to management team regularly and as requested.
- Ensure compliance to HSE and Security policies and procedures in the warehouse /yard.
- Assist in developing short and long term warehouse operations strategies and plans that will ensure cost effective operations in accordance with company’s safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Document all supply activities properly in accordance with established standards and procedures to demonstrate the availability of information as and when required by all concerned.
- Optimum delegation to the subordinates
- Encourage and lead warehouse staff to successfully carry out given tasks
- Effective resolution conflicts between team.
- Initiate timely action for subordinate’s assessment & development.
- Identify training needs for the team and plan the same in training calendar.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is maintained at all times in the Warehouse / Yard.
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times, taking quick corrective action where required.
- Supervise and direct warehouse staff; put worker safety as a top priority.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Diploma in Science / Material Management / ITI or 5 years’ relevant experience
- Specific Industry Training, Knowledge of Engineering / Petrochemical industry or General Engineering / Mechanical background.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of spreadsheets and / or material management software.
- Fluent in English language (oral +written).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures.
- Ability to compile / write reports, business correspondence and procedures as well as effectively presenting information and respond to questions from management
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute ratio and percentage.
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs and production schedules etc.
- Familiar with materials, specifications and materials requisitioning systems.
- Purchasing, requisitioning, buying or warehousing experience advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working under pressure and handling high volumes of work and balancing conflicting demands in a timely manner whilst constantly meeting deadlines and targets.
- Will be self-motivated, highly focused, driven by results and able to demonstrate excellent organization and communication skills and pay attention to detail while operating with flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to understand & analyze information identifies resolution action
- Capable of managing a team and leading by examples.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Employee StatusDirect / Regular
Job PostingMay 12, 2022, 8:35:42 PM