Responsible for all project engineering and procurement quality assurance related activities including project quality management system and ensure compliance of supplier provided products/services to the requirements of the contract.
Strong knowledge in using international codes and material standards like ASME Section V/ll Div. 1, ASME Section Il, ASME Section IX and ASME Section V and API, ASTM, BS EN standards for ensuring the product compliance.
Liaise with Vendor, Package Managers, Client, Principal Quality Ops Specialists, Senior Quality Inspectors, Quality Inspectors, Vendor Inspection Coordinators, Lead Engineers, and QAQC Functional leads.
Prepare/ Review Procurement Quality Deliverables as per the Client requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Engineering groups, PMT, Purchasing, Inspection and customer to ensure customer spec requirements are integrated into the Engineering and Vendor data documents of supplied products.
- Ensure detailed engineering outputs like datasheets, material specifications from the project engineering team are complying with the clients’ specifications & standards
- Review of material specifications, datasheets, inspection and test requirements, material and inspection critically rating, material requisition, vendor offers, technical bid evaluations and purchase requisitions / subcontracts to ensure project specific requirements are identified. Supports senior assurance engineer during the bid clarification meetings with vendors to resolve QA/QC related queries during TBE phase.
- Ensure completeness and correctness of vendor/supp/ier deliverables such as quality plan, inspection and test plans (ITP), manufacturing procedure specifications, weld procedures, heat treatment, painting procedures and Functional Test procedures against project specific requirements.
- Assist assurance manager(project) for vendor/supplier pre-inspection meeting readiness reviews, kick off meeting(KOM), pre-inspection meetings(PlM), assessment of vendor/supp/ier inspectors’ performance.
- Suppott Assurance Manager (Project) to keep track of vendor performance and Lessons Learned during procurement quality activities.
- In consultation with senior assurance specialist, conduct criticality assessment of bought-out items and conclude the requirement of focus assessment requirements during procurement quality activities.
- Administer the vendor inspection process by working closely with vendor inspection department through the assigned coordinator, supervise and assist vendor inspection coordinators and vendor inspectors on inspection requirements.
- In consultation with senior assurance engineers, review and provide technical recommendations to package managers on vendor/supplier concessions or deviations, technical queries (TQs), NCRs and any technical issues upon post award and co-ordinate with customer for resolution and closure
- Review supplier quality documents including test records, inspection repohs (SIRS), inspection release note (IRN) and confirm the completion of inspection as per I TP with follow up on the punch list closure upon release.
- Administrate the overall project specific audit schedule and non-conformance / corrective action tracking register status repotting.
- Participate in internal project audits, vendor/ supplier assessment and surveillance audits in accordance with the approved project audit schedule.
- Prepare weekly / monthly quality reports to customer/ internal management for his/her area of responsibility including project KP/.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical/Electrical and Instrumentation /Civil or Diploma with additional 3 years exp.
- 8+ years QA Engr. Or related experience in Engineering and Procurement Quality Assurance, Materials.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Strong Knowledge in Metallurgy, Welding Inspection.
- Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor Qualifications (IRCA or equivalent); Work Experience in manufacturers of Offshore (Oil and Gas)
- Quality Audit, Preferable technical qualifications ASNT/CSWIP/PCN.
Project / Area / Regional Specifics:MENA client’s approval for QA Engineer.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Aug 15, 2022, 12:44:08 PM