Senior Quality Inspector (Source Inspection) has responsibilities for the source inspection at the supplier facility an preparation of relevant repods in the respective project and reporting to Source Inspection Manager (Project) or Projec Quality Manager/ Senior Project Quality Manager and functionally repotting to Source Inspection Manager (Area).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection at supplier’s premises/site, to determine product conformity to PO/PR, drawings and technical specifications through inspection and tests in accordance with Quality Plans/lTPs. Appraises product Quality. Liaise with Manager Assurance (PQMs), Vendor Inspection Coordinator (VIC), Package Manager/Engineer, Assurance Specialist, Discipline Engineer, Expeditor, Cedifying Authority, Customer, Suppliers.
- Assigned as lead inspector to cany out inspection activities on critical packages, in accordance with the approved Inspection and Test Plan or Quality Control Plan to ensure assure product Quality in a timely manner. All Inspection shall be carried out based on approved documents as per the updated latest SDRL issued by the document control. Appraises product Quality in accordance with the Purchase Orders/Purchase Requisitions, Technical Specifications, drawings and Quality Plans.
- Ensure no open NCR on the equipment / package prior to release.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Test in accordance with the approved procedure and project specification.
- Conduct quality audit and/or surveillance as required to assess the compliance of the supplier to the approved procedures and to verify effectiveness of Supplier Quality System.
- Receive, review/study inspection assignment package prior to pre-inspection meeting. Review Lessons Learned website prior to statt of work.
- Identify change and progress issues if any and liaise with Package Manager and Manager Assurance.
- Attend Pre-Inspection Meetings, Kick-off meeting, Pre-production meetings etc, as required
- Inspection and Test plan shall be signed off for the inspections he has witnessed/pefformed and a Supplier Inspection Repon (SIR) shall be prepared for the same. All Inspection results needs to be documented and if any non-conformances exist documentation shall be raised to establish corrective action and close out.
- When in process inspections are carried out and inspector identifies outstanding work, this shall be recorded in a punch list format and shall be attached to the Supplier inspection repod/lnspection release photographs/test repoHs to be attached as required,
- Monitor the document requirements of the project from the beginning to as it progresses to the final data dossier in accordance with the approved Manufacturers Data Record or Quality dossier index.
- Stamp and sign all documents/test reports/certificates reviewed, inspections witnessed.
- Provide support and training to Quality Inspector (Source Inspection)
- Proactively informing suppliers about the lessons learned of past projects through lessons learned sessions
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering / Diploma or Equivalent.
- 8+ years’ experience in source inspection of valve and piping components, including wélding inspection, NDE, painting, witness Factory Acceptance Test of valves.
- Mandatary QM Nos:
- QM03 Mechanical-Gen
- QM04 Non-Destructive Examination
- QM07 Valves
- QM08 Fittings
- QM09 Gaskets
- Preferable QMs Nos:
- QM05 Line Pipe
- QM06 Fabricated Piping
- QM31 Heat Exchangers
- QM34 Tanks
- QM25 Cranes
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- ASNT, CSWIP 3.1, BGAS, NACE Qualification
- Auditor Cettification
- MENA client’s approval as source inspector.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Oct 11, 2021, 1:49:50 PM