Familiar with the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore. Knowledge of many basic design techniques and analysis methods.
Liaise with all design / drafting disciplines, all Engineering disciplines, Fabrication group and Document Control. Reports to Lead Engineer, Supervising Engineer or Engineering Manager.
Perform FEED, Studies, and detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on more complex and demanding engineering tasks. Apply knowledge and skills to complete varied assignments.
Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures. Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines.
Focus on completing work within budgets. Clearly communicate and explain information in straightforward engineering activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Gain familiarity with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable. Recognize changes to scope and notify the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs.
- Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Provide required bid inputs as directed.
- Prepare sketches of detail design to guide Designers.
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring discipline equipment, materials and services. Procurement assistance includes preparing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Review MTOs for requisitions.
- Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information.
- Check drawings.
- Check engineering performed by others within Discipline.
- Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
- Perform design verification through single-discipline check and assist with inter-discipline checks (IDC).
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities, progress and concerns.
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
- Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR’s Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR’s K.now system.
- Develop an awareness of costs related to own work and of the discipline.
- Perform Pipeline Installation Engineering designs, analyses, evaluations, calculations and procedures for transporting and installing (including installation aids):
- Submarine pipelines
- PLETS and manifolds
- Perform Structural Installation Engineering designs, analyses, evaluations, calculations and procedures for loadout, transportation, and installation (including installation aids) of offshore structures, including barge upgrades/modifications.
- Perform Naval Architecture Engineering designs, analyses, evaluations, calculations and procedures related to all aspects of marine operations covering loadout, transportation, and installation, including barge upgrades.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Structural, Marine, or Mechanical Engineering; or Naval Architecture
- 3+ yrs in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master Degree is Preferred
- Preferably Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) or member of professional engineering society
- Experience in pipeline installation engineer preferred.
Company Overview and Core Values:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Jun 21, 2022, 12:40:58 PM