To determine product conformity to customer specification through independent inspection and tests in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and Procedure. Identify product conformity for rectification and assure final resolution.
Liaise with Painting Production Supervisions, Principal Certification Specialist, Discipline Engineer, Mechanical/We/ding Quality Inspector & supervisor, Project Engineers, Field Engineers, Cettifying Authority, Customer Representative, Paint Supplier/ manufacturer Representative, Sub-con Crew Supen/isor.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out effective and timely inspection on assigned projects.
- Ensure understanding of the project specification.
- Ensure that changes on project specification as approved by Clients through SQ/TQs and Concession Request are implemented, and latest Revision of ITP/Procedures are followed
- Exercise proactive approach on inspection and communicate remedial actions as necessary to production supervisors and other disciplines
- Ensure that required tests and inspection as required in the project specification are pefformed and verified in a timely manner.
- Ensure that defects discovered during inspection are properly and accurately communicated to respective production Supervisors with recommended remedial actions and such defects are rectified.
- Rejection or rework are recorded in the QC Log Book and deviation or non-conformances are reported in NCR as necessary.
- Generate and submit daily paint inspection reports in a timely manner (norma//y not less than 3 days of inspection completed).
- Perform periodic audits of paint store and usage of WFT gauge by painters.
- Ensure that all inspection instruments are in good working order with valid calibration.
- Coordinate with other discipline QC Inspectors, Production Engineers & PMTs, Clients Representative, Sub-Con Crew supervisor and Paint suppliers on technical issues.
- Conduct daily tool box talk with painting personnel.
- Report timely and accurately all quality issues to Senior Quality Inspector— Coating.
- Timely updating of inspection check lists and other documents with reference to the approved ITP.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of the 2015 version of ISO 9001 OMS requirements engineering discipline drawings, standards, material specificationsa construction methods and QC inspection and test procedures.
- Currently certified to SAEP-316 Level Il by (1) NACE as CIP,or (2) SSPC as PCI, or (3) TWI CL as BGAS-CSWIP, or (4) an Approved equivalent certification scheme required for the WORK.
- Training, direct work experience and demonstrated thorough working knowledge of coating materials, application methods, quality activities and recognized engineering codes and standards required for the WORK, such as ASTM,
- ISO, NACE SPs and SSPC SPs.
- Previously worked with Saudi Aramco as Coating QC Inspector
- Saudi Aramco CBT in Coating with “PASSED” Result.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- High school diploma with six (6) or more years of direct work experience, in the specific engineering discipline(s), performing QC inspection and testing of industrial project materials, equipment, systems and facilities under construction and Pre-Commissioning. OR
- Three (3) or more years of direct work experience performing QC inspection and testing related to the scope of WORK (e.g., industrial oil and gas production or petrochemical projects).
- Coating Inspection Qualification (minimum): BGAS-CSWIP (Grade 1) / NACE (Level 2) / FROSIO (Level 2) / SSPC (PCI Leve/2)
- MENA client’s approval as Coating inspector.
Company Overview and Core Values:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Jun 21, 2022, 7:51:26 PM