We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Strategy, Cyber & Intelligence
The Cyber & Intelligence solutions group (C&I) leads Mastercard’s efforts to develop new customer solutions that build trust in the converging worlds of physical-world payments, digital payments, and cybersecurity.
C&I provides solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, digital identity, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, and fraud management. Our customers include issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors, governments, and consumers. We are creating competitive advantage for Mastercard through the innovation of highly differentiated new solutions.
C&I has completed several successful acquisitions and inorganic growth continues to be a key element of our future strategy.
This position will report to a VP Strategic Initiatives and will support the development of inorganic and organic growth strategies in the areas of Cybersecurity, Identity, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Network and Decisioning solutions.
- Support development of new business strategies for use with Board, CEO/President and Management Committee
- Support identification of new white spaces where Mastercard can create competitive advantage and compete
- Support the development of innovative solution strategies to a diverse range of complex market/industry challenges
- Collaborate with Strategy team, SVP Strategy, and C&I product leads to identify opportunity areas and develop strategic rationale for acquisitions, joint ventures or partnerships
- Help develop formal recommendations for presentation to senior leadership teams (e.g. CEO, Management Committee and Board)
- Define structure and execute strategic initiatives through the development of work plans, gathering and generation of relevant data, driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations
The Director Strategy will help deepen and strengthen our product-level strategic thinking and strategic thought leadership across C&I.
The role will require some international travel (20%).
- Multiple years of experience at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Excellent business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including communicating thoughts, ideas, and solutions logically in oral and written forms
- Strong analytical skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking
- Inquisitive, curious, and confident, with a desire for going above and beyond immediate requirements to find deep insights that others have missed
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency, delivering with speed and agility
- Experience in payments, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence markets an asset
- MBA a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.