Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role of the Associate Finance Manager is to support the controllership team with the implementation of SAP ERP and with the daily controllership function i ncluding strengthening the Internal controls at the HQ
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Gather and reconcile data from different systems/sources
- Conduct UATs (user acceptance test) and ensure completeness and accuracy of the results
- Review master data for integrity and accuracy
- Review balance sheet schedules, highlight unreconciled items and drive towards resolution
- Manage, monitor, and review projects costs
- Assist in the implementation of a balance sheet reconciliation tool.
- Assist in setting consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly closing process to ensure the financials are free from misstatements and assist in the quarterly balance sheet review.
- Provide expert accounting and finance advice to all business units on issues relating to financial management and ensure the proper understanding by all relevant parties of the implications of the transactions, standards and control systems.
- Ensure statutory and audited financial statements are timely issued and that all external compliance obligations are fulfilled.
- Review and close External and Internal audit issues and ensure corrective actions are implemented timely. Proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk.
- Ensure non repletion of prior years external audit points
Personal Characteristics And Required Background
- Good communication skills
- Technical / accounting knowledge
- Project management
- 4-5 year experience in a similar role i.e. with preferred knowledge in ERP implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics or any relevant discipline..