Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim Properties invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, and Hospitality pioneer across the Middle East, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
- Actively lead and support Investment & Strategy team in day to day execution of deals, including conducting extensive research/benchmarking analysis, portfolio review, financial and legal analysis, internal presentations, and executive/board memos.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Partner with business leaders to identify and develop actionable real estate transactions that fit the business strategy of the MAF Properties
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical support to provide for senior team members in investment related decisions, such as historical data analysis, forecasting cash flows and basic financial modelling, interpretation of output of quantitative analysis within the appropriate context.
- Research and analysis pertaining to the transaction underwriting, such as new strategy and transaction analysis.
- Partner with business leaders to identify and develop actionable transactions that fit the business strategy
- Lead transaction execution across the entire deal life cycle, and partner with business leaders and cross-functional teams for the successful execution of real estate M&A projects
- Lead the relationship with financial and legal advisors on M&A deal
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and present analysis, findings and recommendations to MAF-P senior leadership team
- Drive the due diligence process with cross-functional teams (including Finance, commercial, operations, human resources, information technology, legal, etc.) to complete efficient and effective due diligence of targets
- Lead valuation, working capital, and other transaction-related financial matters with the support of advisors and internal teams.
- Assist in conducting portfolio management and post investment tracking
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting
- Manage, mentor and coach junior team members to start building management and people skills
- Experience in leading complex and sizeable deals
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to operate independently and self-motivated
- Highly numeric with strong research and analysis skills
- Good understanding of valuation techniques
- Familiar with M&A execution and Due Diligence process
- Experience in post-investment tracking and assessing exit options
- Track record in real estate deals
- Strong financial and modelling skills
- Proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus
- Minimum 7 years of work experience with investment banks, private equity, SWFs, large conglomerates, and big 4 accounting firms
- Preferable to have relevant experience in the MENA region
- Proven experience in closing M&A and ECM (equity capital markets) deals
- Bachelor degree in Business, Economics or Finance
- CFA is a plus