Majid Al Futtaim
The Network Could Connectivity Expert will be responsible of the full design of last mile connectivity for all network cloud hub to unify and standardize the secure connectivity from MAF Retail business units to multi cloud links with high availability and full application visibility. Object to make the network infrastructure has the prober governance to Azure and other clouds PoP match the business needs and application expansion like SAP readiness into the cloud form network connectivity point of view.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work closely with each country to understand their online business requirements, based on different delivery promises.
- Engage with countries on e-commerce journey and collaborate to deliver on the agreed roadmap.
- Continue to support local country last mile teams by guarantee the cloud connectivity.
- Assist local country teams grow their efficiency and reduce the time to repair network incident.
- Work closely with Security and Cloud teams to design and enhancements cloud hub connections and propose the cost-effective solutions to department manager.
- Collaborate, advise and partner with different functions within Corp HO to ensure successful deployment/management of last mile solutions
- Communicate and liaise with local country management and operation teams to setup and lunch improved last mile solutions
- Communicate with management and key stakeholders on last mile journey and rollout plans
Definition of Success
- Successful setup of cloud hub for e-commerce operations exist and new expansion.
- Meet and maintain last mile connectivity with high availability per business unit.
- Reduce last mile cost through efficiency initiatives and innovative solutions per store.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with network infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, SAP and GCP) and in prem setup.
- Must have a solid hand on expertise on (Azure VWAN, Virtual Gateway, NVA Firewalls, NSG, UDR, ER, VPN gateways and Load-balancer).
- Must have a solid hand on expertise on Azure VWAN routing, VPN, NAT Security and NVA integrations).
- Must have a solid hand on expertise on (AWS transit gateway and VPC routing) and GCP (gateway, VPC routing and firewall).
- Must have a Technical knowledge and hands on experience with Zscaler ZIA/ZPA and Checkpoint Cloud Guard solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with SD-WAN systems (Velocloud, Cisco Meraki and Viptela) with hands on expertise and vendors certificate.
- A minimum of five years of experience driving the architecture and operational support of the network infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP and SAP setup.
- A minimum of five years of experience supporting global network systems and subsystems; troubleshooting a wide range of LAN, Multi-cloud networking, WAN, and network/service availability, and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements.
- A minimum of 10 years of hands on expertise with Palo Alto, Cisco FMC and Checkpoint firewall solutions.
- 15 years’ experience working with routers, switches, provisioning, firewalls and security (specifically Cisco, Paloalto and Checkpoint).
- 15 years’ experience in assessing and facilitating network requests: this includes (LAN, wireless, Voice/Video and security).
- Deep understanding of rules, policies, ports, blocks and QOS technologies.
- Technical knowledge and hands on experience with routing in an enterprise environment, technologies including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Technical knowledge and hands on experience with wireless networks in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge or programming skill used for network automation of processes and services (Python plus).
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of infrastructure services, systems, hardware and software.
- Driving complex projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Coordinating and scheduling resources to align network project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Identifying, monitoring, reporting and escalating network project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate impact to network project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project, and overall project completions.
- Maintaining excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
- Work experience in a team environment with open mind set.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems (SD-WAN/ Multi Cloud).
- Self-motivated, analytical, and possessing excellent problem-solving and follow-through skills with security and cloud teams.
- Able to find root causes of problems, quickly determine efficient solutions, anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment with QoS.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of network and telecom infrastructure and application impacts and dependencies
- Excellent organizational, technical, and business communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting Digital products and e-com business.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Good vendors management and supplier relationship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Telecom Engineering.
- (Cisco CCNP enterprise and Security) is a must, CCIE/CCDE is a must.
- (PaloAlto PCNSE and Checkpoint CCSE) is a must.
- (PMP or Agile or Scrum) is a must.
- (Azure and AWS solution architect professional) is a must.
- Azure Security Exam is a must.
- AWS advanced Networking is a must
- (CISA or CISM) and (CISSP) is a pulse.
- (Azure or AWS DevOps) is a pulse.
- Minimum 5 years in the related technical function
- Preferably 3 years in the retail business or closely related industry
- Ability to engage and collaborate with other system owners on key business initiatives
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required) Arabic (Professional efficiency – Advantage)