Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
Candidate major focus will be overseeing line-producers on commissioned productions. The Producer will also support the Head of Production and Business Manager throughout the film production process, from idea conception to film delivery – theatrical and non-theatrical- mostly from a financial aspect (advising on feasibility and budgeting throughout).
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Manage the financial aspects of MAF productions, generating and constantly reviewing the budget line by line alongside commissioned partners at all stages – from pitch to greenlight to delivery.
- Break down the script to get estimates based on market-knowledge.
- Overseeing & tracking budgets and deadlines throughout filmmaking process: development, pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Overseeing and advising on scheduling, operations, and logistics alongside commissioned production companies. Flagging overages.
- Assists in assessing film pitches – reading scripts, treatments and writing reviews.
- Oversees commissioned line-producers and manages reporting to stakeholders
- Relays all on-ground production updates to MAF Production team.
- Accountable, alongside the Head of Production, for ensuring the price of each film (detailed budget lines) is agreed with the commissioned company and approved by MAF internal parties, and that complete delivery is feasible within the proposed timeframe.
- Manages the flow of assets and information between production team and internal company team members.
- Researches all data related to content production and prepares presentations in support of content pitched by external parties.
- Manages all schedules related to reviewing of content by team, attendance of team on production sites.
- Reviews edited video content for the shows, dailies, and/or does it him/herself.
Definition of Success.
Achieving role responsibilities in commissioned production of a minimum of 5 films per year.
Other Context (if Applicable)
Performs additional adhoc duties as and when required by the Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
Willingness to travel
- Financial assessment of all proposed film projects
- Overseeing line-producers hired for commissioned projects.
Personal Characteristics And Required Background
- Possess critical analyses skills of audiovisual content.
- Ability to balance between creativity and pragmatism.
- Self-starter skilled in multitasking and time management.
- Solution-oriented that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
- Must be fluent in Arabic. Can comfortably read & asses Arabic scripts.
- Good communication skills in Arabic and English – both written and spoken.
- Candidate should have 5 years’ experience working as a line-producer.
- Knowledge of Middle East & North Africa (MENA) business and creative industries and the wider international industry.
- Arabic content consumer, particularly commercial content; Egyptian and Saudi film and series.
- Wide knowledge of established and upcoming talent in the Arabic production industry on a regional level.
- Fluent in Arabic and English. Can read Arabic feature film scripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as filmmaking, film finance, creative content production, media or entertainment.