The Murex Back Office Business Analyst will be required to be part of Bank’s GM IT Finance Squad responsible to provide IT services to Global Markets Finance team.
The squad is responsible for support, change request and projects pertaining to Global Markets Finance.
Key responsibilities of the role include engaging with business, conducting analysis, developing requirements, reviewing technical and functional design, building and testing solution, and ensuring proper closure of the different initiatives by taking ownership/accountability end to end.
- Analysis & Documentation of user requirements and transpose into Functional Specifications
- Act as key liaison with Global Markets Finance teams (business and their supporting functions), IT teams as well as with the vendors
- Participate actively in discussions with business, understand their needs and transform them into change or project initiatives
- Define the systems and data requirements and validate the systems design and processes from functional and technical aspects
- Develop and refine the various business/functional/testing requirements in support of the project and systems involved, working alongside the vendor if needed
- Configuration of the solution as per requirements
- Act as the subject matter expert for Murex suite of tools used within Finance (Functional & Technical) and ensuring that all functionality of the products are installed and leveraged to its best capability within the group
- Creation of test plan, test cases, execution of system testing
- Contribute to the User Training activities, through one-to-one discussion, preparation of user training guides & presentations
- Follow up with vendor support as and when necessary to resolve bugs/issues
- Ensure technical and functional hand over of the project and changes to the relevant teams
- Assist in developing business and operational processes and to participate in developing system training artefacts when required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Murex Finance consultant with SME in murex accounting module (accounting for trades, accounting for flows, accounting for liquidation, accounting for business events)
- Experience in implementation and supporting Murex v3.1 with regards to Finance capabilities
- To have experience in Murex Hedge Accounting module is a big advantage
- Experience in leading and delivering projects
- Excellent knowledge of Capital Markets products and processes, front to back.
- Good exposure to Murex – Static data (Counterparts, securities, historical data, indices, Fx conversion factors, Fx spot…)
- Excellent exposure to Finance processes in Murex (accounting rule configuration process, GL file generation)
- Excellent knowledge about Functional accounting knowledge and liquidation module.
- Excellent experience in Murex datamart module.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills accompanied with excellent communication
- Finance functional Knowledge should encompass most or all of the following asset classes: Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX Cash, FX Derivatives, Commodities, Structured Derivatives
Nice to have
- The candidate should possess either a postgraduate degree or qualification in Information Systems / Engineering / Business Administration.
- The candidate should carry a minimum relevant work experience in a Bank or I.T. Company for a minimum of 5-7 years.
- Strong record of stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of the financial markets, trading and banking solutions
- Strong knowledge of the Global Markets products and practices, front-to-end: pricing, limit checks, booking, risk management, accounting generation, settlements and confirmation generation
- Candidate must be technically astute and have had relevant exposure and experience with bank systems and processes
- Strong proven track record of liaising with stakeholders for business requirements, specification documents, testing processes and other relevant information.
- Candidate must display strong verbal and written communication skills.
English: C1 Advanced