The Store Manager is responsible for implementation of the Company retail strategy aligned to Customer, Offer and People focus. The job holder will lead the Store team to achieve maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and values by creating an ‘outstanding’ commercial shopping experience for customers.
The job holder will also be responsible for driving store sales through the effective management of the P&L and efficient store operations through visual merchandising, customer service and people management.
- Implement a high standard of customer focus through effective resource planning, regular assessment of customer service standards and timely resolution of complaints / queries within the store, in line with Company policy
- Monthly monitoring of NPS, addressing all key areas of concern and creating action plans with timelines for improvement
- To have a clear understanding of your store customer profile, including but not limited to key demographics such as, age, nationality and gender
- To monitor and continuously seek to understand customer buying patterns and trends from both a local and Gulf perspective
- To personally attend to escalated customer complaints when required
- To empower and support CRM if applicable
- To endorse the Shukran loyalty program and improve member volume and buying behavior
- To obtain open and honest consumer feedback through conducting periodic customer home visits
- Achieve the revenue and target productivity metric (sales per person per day, ATV, basket size and conversion) for the store
- Monitor and control expenses (overtime, local, stock and consumables) through efficient store operations
- Actively improve underperforming areas within store based on store sales and finance reports
- Monitor and communicate yearly, weekly and daily sales performance and budgets with management and staff with clearly defined actions for improvement
- Monitor and continually seek to understand the commercial environment, local trading patterns, competitor activity and market trends in the retail sector and their impact on store
- Oversee cash transaction entry and management (petty cash, POS cash elements, change floats)
- Maintain a high level of store health and security for company assets, cash, stock and customer property
- Educate and mentor the team on identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Ensure BoE standards are met
- Oversee and monitor sales in store which includes but is not limited to: sales transactions, customer orders and payments, and handling returns and refunds.
- Responsible for the inventory management within store, which includes but is not limited to: stock availability, order management, back store operations, stock movement within store, cycle count, min max planning and stock coverage and density
- Review and analyze stock and sales reports to monitor KDCN products and implement corrective action
- Maintain high standards of visual appearance in the store including all non-retail areas and window themes with adherence to planogram guidance
- Ensure store is well prepared for the sale / promotions
- Ensure store layout is consistently based as per Retail Principles of Visual Merchandising
- Ensure effective Inventory management for the store (order management (Min/Max), stock consolidation, movement and transfer, optimum stock return and shrinkage)
- Provision of monthly feedback on sales, stock positions, and products.
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with the local labor laws and company policy for all employment and state laws
- Ensure consistent and transparent communication with store staff on business expectations, priorities and store results
- Responsible for Performance Management of store staff through timely KPI setting and performance reviews
- Ensure L&D offerings are provided to all staff at the appropriate level in line with personal development plans including on the job coaching, classroom training, in-store training and feedback sessions aligned to Home Centre processes
- Ensure seamless induction and on boarding of new recruits / hires
- Drive engagement and motivation through effective management of staff welfare
- Ensure participation of team members in the regular health and safety programs conducted for the store
- Monitor and appraise the performance of retail staffs and develop individual career plans and succession planning
- Conduct weekly EMTs
- Post-graduate degree in Business Administration with specialization in Retail Management/Sales
- 5 to 10 years experience in Large format Retail store.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.